Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #1
MaHaBe

Carbon 347....

Just recently purchased a 347 and the first night out, the legs on the rear couch fell off and the safety pins will not slide into the holes.
Has anyone else had any issues with the rear saftey pins not lining up?

The dealer said Keystone will give the parts, but not the labor to replace them.

I am going to argue this, seems like if you have a safety decal that says the pins must be in place, that after 1 night staying in a new unit they would cover all of it.

Everything else about the unit has been great. Didnt intend to buy a toyhauler, but thats where we ended up, and I do like the space for storage it provides.

This may seem like a dumb question, but do you fill the generator with the onboard fuel tank in the rear? I can not find anything in the manuals, but that seems to be the only tank.

PS. The Auto LEVEL system is AWESOME!!!
MaHaBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!!

If your unit is within the warranty time frame then Keystone will pay for the parts AND LABOR to fix the couch and make the pins fit.

If you only have one fuel tank and your generator runs on gasoline then just put fuel in the one tank.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #3
Tinner12002

If your talking about the pins that lock the upper bed into place or keeping it in the up position, a push up on the bed might help, had to do that on one of mine...didn't take much.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:29 PM   #4
MattE303

On my 337 the generator runs off the fuel station, I'm sure yours is the same.

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
MattE303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:23 AM   #5
MaHaBe

No the pins I am talking about hold the couch in place, you pull them when you fold it down to hang on the side walls, but you put them back in place when you have a bed or couch.

I have in writing they will only pay for the parts, not the Labor, I am arguing with them this week.
MaHaBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:04 AM   #6
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Interesting, I was under the impression that the on board fuel options were 1.) a single 30 gallon fuel tank dedicated to the on board generator or 2.) two separate 30 gallon tanks where one is again dedicated to the generator and the other to the fuel station. In this configuration beside adding fuel directly into the generator tank you could also pump fuel out of the fuel station tank into the generator tank.

I was not aware of a single tank used for the generator and fuel station ??
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:09 AM   #7
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Interesting, I was under the impression that the on board fuel options were 1.) a single 30 gallon fuel tank dedicated to the on board generator or 2.) two separate 30 gallon tanks where one is again dedicated to the generator and the other to the fuel station. In this configuration beside adding fuel directly into the generator tank you could also pump fuel out of the fuel station tank into the generator tank.

I was not aware of a single tank used for the generator and fuel station ??
I think that's true on a lot of haulers, especially the larger and newer ones. My other toy haulers I had which were older, only had the one tank that served as the gen and onboard fuel tank together.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:16 AM   #8
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
I think that's true on a lot of haulers, especially the larger and newer ones. My other toy haulers I had which were older, only had the one tank that served as the gen and onboard fuel tank together.
For those that have a shared tank, do they favor the generator? that is you can not pump the tank dry for a lack of a better word. Leaving say 5-10 gallons always for the generator??

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 10-03-2017, 04:21 AM   #9
Tinner12002

I think that's only if its a MH, the tank favors the MH before the gen, so the answer would be no, on other haulers, again other than MHs, you should be able to pump the tank dry either with the gen running out of gas or by using the pump station if you have one. I could be wrong on that but on my older ones never had that issue.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:32 AM   #10
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

no sure I would like that, lets say you fill up the toy only to find out later when needed that had no gas to run the genny

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 10-03-2017, 05:00 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Our motorhome had the fuel tank plumbed to prevent running it dry with generator use. The generator fuel pickup was positioned in the tank to allow about 1/4 tank of fuel when the generator "ran dry". That way, there was, at least some fuel remaining to drive the motorhome to a gas station.

I don't see as much of a problem with a dual use tank in a fifth wheel/toyhauler. Plumbing the tank to reserve some fuel for generator use could be a plus or a minus, depending on whether the owner opts to install a generator. Any RV that is "wired for" an option during assembly would have to include the components for that option. That would mean the fuel tank would be plumbed to prevent pumping out a quantity of fuel, even if there is no generator installed.... That also could mean an owner who doesn't opt for a generator couldn't use all the fuel in his trailer for other purposes and he couldn't empty his tank by pumping out all the fuel during winterization. (I've never seen a tank "bottom drain" on a fuel tank installed on a trailer).

I suppose there's advantages and disadvantages to either way, depending on different ways of looking at the situation...... Definitely something I'm sure "ought to be considered" when Keystone is designing a new trailer. I wonder how they decide which way to plumb the tanks? Do they opt for protecting fuel for an optional generator or do they opt for allowing full use of the fuel in the tank for everyone? or do they go some other route that we haven't even considered ????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:46 AM   #12
xrated

My Impact 303 (tow behind 34 1/2' Toy Hauler) only has the one 30 gal. Tank. It feeds the Onan genny and also has a pump nozzle for refueling bikes, etc. I also have a portable 14 gal. Tank that is on wheels and is gravity fed that I sometimes take along in the bed of the truck.....strapped down of course.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote