Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2017, 07:20 AM   #1
huhhhhh

Tank Size

I've seen documentation on the Keystone/Fuzion web site saying my 2012 405 has a 86 gal black tank and a 43 gal gray tank. Every other model is reversed. I pull up some 405 brochures and fine one that say 43 black and 86 gray. I'm assuming it's a misprint that never got caught and the black tank is 43 gal and gray is 86.

Anyone else run across this?
See also: Wizard, Magician.

2012 Fuzion 405
huhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:50 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Talking in general gray/black tank sizes seen to be either 40 or 43 gal. So other than FW tank capacity. Any sizes over that stand are multiples, ie 86 meaning 2 separate tanks. If happen to be black usually implies 2 bathrooms in in front one in the rear. If I seen a listing of say 86 gal black and had only one bathroom would consider that being in error.

Many rigs have 2 gray tanks, on bathroom (shower,sink) and one for the galley., so seeing 86gal gray is not rare whereas 86 gal is (3 bathroom)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
huhhhhh

This is where I'm confused. I do have the 1/2 bath in the garage But I keep finding the figures below. If it said 2 black tanks then ok. Would they really cut the gray tank to 43gal and double a black to 86. Doesn't seem right.

From RVUSA.com
Holding Tanks
Number Of Fresh Water Holding Tanks 1
Total Fresh Water Tank Capacity 112 gal.

Number Of Gray Water Holding Tanks 1
Total Gray Water Tank Capacity 43 gal.

Number Of Black Water Holding Tanks 1
Total Black Water Tank Capacity 86 gal.

2012 Fuzion 405
Old 03-21-2017, 11:26 AM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Just checked Keystone website and now see what you are referring to. In my opinion given you have a toilet in the rear and one in full bath, you have two black tanks(68g) As far as gray I am saying knowing that you have a full bathroom and a galley you havever two gray tanks (68g). Would not have a single gray for both galley and full bath.

Think documentation is incorrect, notice I
On the keystone website right above the 405 info is that for a 360 which shows 86/86 black/gray.

Apparently if we were near the rig we would see two pull handles upfront and two toward the rear. One gray and one black in each set.

I will see if I can find specs elsewhere and posy it I find domething
Old 03-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #5
huhhhhh

Thanks

2012 Fuzion 405
Old 03-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #6
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Looked to find some pictures on the web to try and see number of tank valve pull handles could find no goo pictures

Looked at specs of a couple on sale seen two different spec

Here is one showing 68/68 http://www.rvt.com/Keystone-Fuzion-4...24618-UX184830

I know they do some crazy stuff with these tank when you have a half bath toilet and sink share a tank. but yours would be really weird, having 68 gray and 34 black. they would have to use one black for the main bathroom and one gray for there. then use the second gray for the galley and half bath sink and toilet. I do not think they are that crazy

So in my opinion that documentation is wrong and you have 68/68 four tanks (2 black,2 Gray)
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #7
MattHelm21

Hi, This is my second trailer with bath and 1/2. They seem to always use two tanks. The toilets seem to always have to drop straight down into a black tank precluding using only one tank for both. Any bends in the works could present some major problems. I can confirm this on our previous Newmar fifth wheel and our Fuzion 414. Also, I have not ever come across a black tank larger than the mid 40 gallon range in a fifth wheel. Someone more knowledgeable than I could chime in here but I think there may be an EPA thing. To secure the tank properly, I would think two 40's would be more secure than one 80.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #8
Javi

Okay... my guess is a 43 gallon black tank for the 1/2 bath and the sink also drains into it... a 43 gallon black tank for the main toilet and a 43 gallon grey tank for the full bath and galley...

For grins... My 5th wheel has a 37 gallon black tank, a 37 gallon grey water tank and a 37 gallon galley tank... plus a 76 gallon freshwater tank...

As a note... the toilet is routed through a 12" drop to a 45`thru an 8" run to another 45` and finally into the black tank...
Old 03-22-2017, 06:25 AM   #9
canesfan

I second Javi's guess ^

How many pull handles do you have?
Old 03-25-2017, 10:49 AM   #10
Clyde

I have an Impact 311. It has a 43 gal black water tank. The gray water tank is shown as 86 gal but actually has a 43 gal tank for the kitchen and a 43 gal for the shower. There are dump valves for each tank. The one for the kitchen is under the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:00 PM   #11
huhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
I second Javi's guess ^

How many pull handles do you have?
I have the main two here.

And one more here which I'm assuming is the 2nd black tank for the 1/2 bath(toilet/sink).

2012 Fuzion 405
Old 03-25-2017, 07:29 PM   #12
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Okay since you found only 3 pull handles then we will go with Keystones website, ie 86 gal Black (2-43 gal tanks) and 43 gray(1-43 gal tank). Those pull handles in the convenience center 1 Black (bathroom toilet )and 1 Gray (bathroom shower and sink). the pull handle in the rear on the frame will be for your second black (half bath toilet and sink).

Now when you have nothing to do the big question where does the washer drain go Not sure in the other thread if we concluded where, tank no tank etc. could try something like this to start. open output terminal close that back valve the pour water down the washer drain, if water comes out its going around tank, if nothing comes out then open valve to that back black tank .if water comes out after opening that valve drain went into the tank.

May not want to practice if you are not sure black tanks are empty unless connected to a sewer

ADDED: looks like crazy place for that rear pull handle, Looks like you have to crawl under slide to get to it ??

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-25-2017, 09:10 PM   #13
huhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post

ADDED: looks like crazy place for that rear pull handle, Looks like you have to crawl under slide to get to it ??
Yeah it's under the slide. Shouldn't be too hard to get to when the slide is in.

Don't have a washer hook up so no worry's there.

2012 Fuzion 405
Old 03-26-2017, 07:15 AM   #14
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhhhhh View Post
Yeah it's under the slide. Shouldn't be too hard to get to when the slide is in.

Don't have a washer hook up so no worry's there.
My second grey tank handle is under the slide and up over and behind the wheels. Have to be a contortionist to get to it, even with the slide in.

I have never tried to figure the W/D hookups, but I would guess they drain into the second grey tank. I wouldn't think they would bypass a tank. But who knows?

Anyway, 3 handles = 3 tanks IMO. Just make sure you always have liquid in your 1/2 bath sink P trap if it's draining into the black tank.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:21 AM   #15
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
My second grey tank handle is under the slide and up over and behind the wheels. Have to be a contortionist to get to it, even with the slide in.

I have never tried to figure the W/D hookups, but I would guess they drain into the second grey tank. I wouldn't think they would bypass a tank. But who knows?

Anyway, 3 handles = 3 tanks IMO. Just make sure you always have liquid in your 1/2 bath sink P trap if it's draining into the black tank.
When I had my galley tank replaced, which by the way these tanks when purchased come with no holes or entry piping, tech had mentioned me that he had to cut out and pipe both the kitchen sink and the washer drain piping into the new tank. Aligning more critical with two inputs.

canesfan, with the differences in our units you would have to test as I described in a previous post to hh...........

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)

Tags
tank