Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #21
Nagrompj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdots View Post
I am getting air into my water lines and I can't seem to figure out where it's coming from. I am connected to city water and the pressure is about 45-50 psi. I have checked all the connections and they are tight. I have also removed the inline filter in case the housing was leaking and water was not dripping. The only thing I have changed inside is the kitchen sink faucet to a household type. All of those connections are tight as well. I see air in all the faucets and shower.
If anyone has any suggestions on things to check I would appreciate the help.

Regards,
Mike
I know this is a old post, but at 45lb the water pump could be running. Are you sure the pump is off? If the tank is empty it would be a air source. The pump runs very quietly when pumping air and it is a positive displacement pump so it will pump air.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #22
carwheel_09

Pump off, second valve this season.
carwheel_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:36 PM   #23
Nagrompj

Sorry Carwheel I was responding to the OP's question.

I have a accumulator tank and have never had a problem with the safety valve on the water heater. A accumulator tank has other benefits as well, like the pump doesn't run as often and is quieter. It only takes a few minutes to install. They aren't expensive.

Have you checked the temperature of your water? Not the heater setting but the actual temperature of the water. Does the valve leak when heating with propane or electric or both? If it only leaks when heating with one or the other it may be that thermostat. The propane and electric heating elements have separate thermostats.

Are you using a water pressure regular? If not it may be a city water pressure spike lifting the valve. Remember there is a check valve at the city water inlet, so a pressure spike will be held in your system at the highest pressure reached. A series of spikes could really jack the pressure up.

If you have replaced the safety twice, it is most likely only a simptom of another problem. Keep looking until you find it. You don't want a busted pipe.

http://www.adventurerv.net/shurflo-a...source=Froogle
Old 04-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #24
carwheel_09

No problem. I'll have to check those water temps on electric and gas. For the low cost of a tank I'm going to put one in. You know how it is if your not camping you putter on the rig.
carwheel_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:15 PM   #25
Nagrompj

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwheel_09 View Post
No problem. I'll have to check those water temps on electric and gas. For the low cost of a tank I'm going to put one in. You know how it is if your not camping you putter on the rig.
Oh I know what you mean. I don't think there is anything I haven't messed with I my trailer. The wife wishes I'd work on the house as much.