Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #1
BuddyHammond

Question Can a SIx Point AutoLeveler be added?

Our 2010 Raptor did not come with an auto leveling system. Can one be added now, or do they have to be built in during initial construction? Has anyone had an auto leveling system added?
Buddy
BuddyHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #2
BlueknightWI

I think just about "anything" can be added later. The question is, how difficult it will be, and how many hours it would take for the installation. All that adds up to the question of if it is worth the cost/trouble, and if it isn't best to sell and buy new?
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:43 AM   #3
Wing-in-it

It's all about the $$$$$$$$

2015 Fuzion 325
2020 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Aisin
Chesterfield, VA.
Wing-in-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:02 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Auto level can be added, but as stated its gonna cost you. Figure in the $5000.00 range with parts and install.

Better to sell and buy new? Can't answer that one as I have no idea what your finances are. Only you can decide if the expense justifies a new purchase.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #5
C130

I just asked this exact question a couple of weeks ago. I'm not going to install one as I can't justify the cost. I'm sure I'd love it but we just use our toy hauler every 2-3 months I'd say. If I was 100% confident I was keeping the trailer for many years to come I might think about it more seriously. But, even though we really like our current 2011 Fuzion, the new toy haulers are really nice with several improvements.

I patiently (something I'm terrible at) looked for months for the right toy hauler and truly bought a like new unit that saved me a lot of money. If I can find the same deal in a year or two I might sell my current one and buy used again. I look for one about a year old and must be stored inside, willing to drive anywhere, owner needs to sell. We've recently looked at new ones also but not willing to pull the trigger yet. My current toy hauler is about as good of shape as it can be for a 2011 and my wife and I both agreed the new ones are very nice but not nice enough for the cost difference. We'll see what's to offer in a year or so. Now, if money was not an issue I'd trade today. The good part is the RV stores are way on the other side of Houston and not close but one just recently opened a store nearby, not good for me!
Old 04-05-2015, 11:52 AM   #6
BuddyHammond

Thanks guys, very good info. Now for part two of the question: Would this be possible as a Do It Yourself addition? I'm fairly handy and have more time than money.
BuddyHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:41 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Can a SIx Point AutoLeveler be added?

Yes, with enough time, tools and patience.

Your going to have to figure out mounting for the jacks and reservoir. Then you have to route all the hydraulic hoses and confirm they are in the right spots on the manifold. Then where to mount the controller and the level sensor.

Could I do it on my Copper Canyon? Yeah

Would I? No...not worth all the work IMO. I can level my unit in 5 minutes after un hitching so I can't justify the cost of parts.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:44 AM   #8
Locowrench

There is also an electric leveling system available. It looked pretty nice but as was brought up earlier, Im not sure how long Im keeping this trailer and it wouldn't even make a dent is the resale value compared to what it will cost to have it installed. I think the electric option would be the best way to go so that you don't need to be concerned about the whole hydraulics problem.

This is the system that I was looking at http://www.toyhauleradventures.com/2...veling-system/

2014 Fuzion 301
2012 Goldwing
1995 Goldwing
Locowrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Locowrench,

I could be wrong, but I believe Lippert bought the rights to the Ground Control leveling system from Rieco-Titan at the same time they bought the Correct-Trac alignment system from them.

Lippert markets the Ground Control 3.0 system as either a 4 point or a 6 point leveling system and it looks exactly like the Rieco-Titan system. BTW, the Ground Control system is no longer on the Rieco-Titan website, although they still do have the flyer and the install instructions available if you dig deep into their webpages.

Although it doesn't look like it would be difficult to install, I don't think I'd want to tackle all the routing, drilling, installing and aligning that goes along with the installation. After reading the instructions, it seems that someone with the right tools, time and mechanical aptitude could get it installed and working. It wouldn't be a "dealer only" installation, from what I can see.

But, the $3000 price tag for the parts only would be a major consideration for me. I don't think you'd ever get much of that investment back at trade in time, so unless it's a relatively new RV that you're planning to keep for a long time to come, the investment probably wouldn't pay for itself.

Here's the Rieco Titan installation page: http://www.riecotitan.com/instructions.php
The Ground Control system is the fifth one down.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:31 AM   #10
dave-g

camping world-
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...g-system/80394

in their catalog $600 to install

about $4000.

would be nice but a lot a $$$.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r