Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
kenb

black water valve replacement 2012 Raptor

Hi , I am a new owner of a 2012 Raptor Toy Hauler. My black water valve is not working. I need to replace the valve. How do I access the valve. There is a cardboard protective sheet under the trailer that is over the valve area. Do I have to cut out an area to access the valve? Thanks for any suggestions.

Ken
kenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
keef95

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenb View Post
Hi , I am a new owner of a 2012 Raptor Toy Hauler. My black water valve is not working. I need to replace the valve. How do I access the valve. There is a cardboard protective sheet under the trailer that is over the valve area. Do I have to cut out an area to access the valve? Thanks for any suggestions.

Ken
Greetings Ken,

I'm a new member and this is my first post...

I recently purchased a used 2014 Raptor 384PK. The previous owner had neglected things and I needed to verify that the black water valve was actuating. That piece of "cardboard" is likely insulation... If like mine, is held in place by self tapping screws fore and aft and metal strips with the same type of screws along the sides...easily loosened but you may have to pull this insulator from expanding foam where the pvc pipe goes in.

The black and 2 gray valves are actuated by remote cables. You're valve may not need replaced but simply the actuating cable.
keef95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Keef95: Welcome to the forums. Your on the right track with your advice. The cardboard protective sheet is called coroplast as is usually held in place with self tapping screws as you describe.

Kenb: once you have gained access to the gate valve, you'll see it is held together with 4 bolts/nuts. Look at the valve where the actuator is and you should be able to identify the brand and type. The seals are replaceable and there are two styles. If it says BLADEX make sure you get those seals. If it doesn't then any replacement in the right size will work.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote