Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
Berg570FE

We took our new 326 SRX out and . . . .

We love it!!

With the goose neck conversion this rig is easier to hook up than our bumper pull was! Fast and simple. It tows like a dream as well. The height is a bit concerning with tree branches ect, but I will get use to it.

My wife loves the interior, as it is much like our home. She was sold on the decor right away, thus allowing me to pull the trigger on the purchase.
I removed the two flip down beds in the garage, made an adapter for the 50amp to plug directly into 110, had two 6v batteries installed, and modified the ramp a little.

Everything works perfect. The furnace is MUCH better than our 2010 Cougar trailer. Larger fridge, nicer couch, bigger TV's, better mattress, auto leveling rocks, good area for a wet bar, massive outside storage, protected valve handles out of the elements, and of course the garage. The LED lights under the awning and out on the cap look really sharp as well. Shackleford, our Italian Greyhound, loves his bed in front of the fake fire electric heater! The rig also remains stable unlike our old trailer. Good for Saturday nights.

The awning seems strange. It looks nice, but it doesn't seem very tight.
What, and where is the "Pendant light"?
Should it have come with a crapper and fresh water hose?
And the really high cupboards annoy my 5'1" wife. Even with a stepping stool.

Small potatoes with how happy we are.

Dirt biking the next three weekends, then, down the Oregon coast. Our new Cougar, or, "Newgar" will get plenty of use. I hope it holds up as well as our 2010 did!!
Berg570FE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
GaryWT

Congratand good luck. We will stick to our TT because my wife is about the same height and she refuses to look at 5th wheels as the cabinets are too high and she refuses to use a step stool, but that is fine for us. Enjoy.

Our 2nd TT from the same dealer, we did not get a set up kit so we just kept everything for the previous trailer, the original sewer hose was junk anyway.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg570FE View Post
Should it have come with a crapper and fresh water hose?
And the really high cupboards annoy my 5'1" wife. Even with a stepping stool.
Dealerships usually throw in a small package of "goodies" after you have purchased the unit and a FW hose may be one of the "gifts". I assume by "crapper" you are referring to the hose that you would use to flush the black tank (or the sewer hose) and not the actual toilet aka "crapper" itself...

Today's higher RV's often pose a problem for the vertically challenged - particularly the higher than usual cupboards. But I am sure you realized that many of the cupboards were beyond reach before you bought it so it shouldn't have been a surprise. Disappointing, yes.
One solution, other than using a step stool, would be for you to remove and replace any items that are beyond her reach.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
Berg570FE

Yes the black/grey water hose. We call it the crapper hose. A new one was needed anyway. No big deal.

Yes, the high cupboards were really her only complaint when we looked at it. We have attempted to put the items we don't need all that often up high, but inevitably we still need to get up there from time to time.

Also, the wrap under "skirting" of this rig looks very nice. A smoother finished look. I'm going to post some pictures up of camp after this weekend!

2017 Ford F350 Platinum Crewcab SRW
Old 09-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #5
T11ravis

Funny, the tall cabinets are my wife's only complaint too, she loves the thing otherwise. We have a small stool that works well.
WERA #13

'13 Raptor 300mp
'11 F350 6.7L CC DRW FX4
T11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
jje1960

Stool

We bought a three step step ladder that fits perfectly under the pull out drawer under the couch, also necessary to open the roof vent. Man, I wish I had one of those fold down beds in the Bay!!!!
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #7
Desert185

Red face

We're towing ours home after delivery. Learning it, and liking everything, as it all works. Still wondering about the pendant lights...

The Andersen hitch works great and the two AC's keep it cool (cycles with thermostat set @ 76-77dF) even in 100dF temps. The washer drain does not go into a tank, so if you plan on having a washer in the garage, open the outside drain before washing anything.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:12 PM   #8
Berg570FE

I figured that the rear drain was for the W/D set up. That's not in our near future at least. Good to know though!

The "pendant" lights. You've got me? I turned the switch on, and it was dark out, and couldn't see any lights anywhere?

Im in the process of rigging up a quicker, permanent ramp brace. The whole contraption is ill designed, but Im going to make the best of whats there. Basically some sort of spring loaded, foldable support legs. I can ride the bikes up the ramp while still folded, but would rather not have them running inside the garage . . . ever if possible.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:42 AM   #9
sptddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
We're towing ours home after delivery. Learning it, and liking everything, as it all works. Still wondering about the pendant lights...

The Andersen hitch works great and the two AC's keep it cool (cycles with thermostat set @ 76-77dF) even in 100dF temps. The washer drain does not go into a tank, so if you plan on having a washer in the garage, open the outside drain before washing anything.
Wait....is this the norm? I bought a used Fuzion 342 with a washer in it, and I assumed it went to a tank. If the back drain is closed (there is one), where does the water go? Gosh I'm dumb with this camper stuff sometimes.

As for the awnings - I thought the same going from my outback manual awning to the fuzion's electronic. I read on here that after you put them all the way out, you can roll it back in a bit and this tightens things up a bit. Works for us, and also helps redirect the really bright LED lighting under it so that it's not like daylight. We also noticed that the awnings do not handle wind even remotely, so we bought awning tie down straps - haven't used them yet though.
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:08 AM   #10
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptddog View Post
Wait....is this the norm? I bought a used Fuzion 342 with a washer in it, and I assumed it went to a tank. If the back drain is closed (there is one), where does the water go? Gosh I'm dumb with this camper stuff sometimes.
The water goes down the drain and directly to the aft, outside dump cap. If the cap is not removed, then the water fills the drain plumbing and backflows up the pipe, returning to the fill point, overflowing into your garage. If you don't open the dump cap, I suggest opening the garage man door or ramp.

Your Fuzion may be plumbed with a tank, however.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:26 AM   #11
sptddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
The water goes down the drain and directly to the aft, outside dump cap. If the cap is not removed, then the water fills the drain plumbing and backflows up the pipe, returning to the fill point, overflowing into your garage. If you don't open the dump cap, I suggest opening the garage man door or ramp.

Your Fuzion may be plumbed with a tank, however.
I'm thinking mine goes to the galley gray tank (crosses fingers), but I guess I'll open both and see where water comes out when I finally use it.
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #12
Berg570FE

We love this rig. Two great weekends in a row.

Plenty of room for the bikes.

Epic mountain riding, as usual.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #13
Desert185

Ours has been great, too. Just came back from four days at the Reno Air Races where we took a quad to putt around the pits and visit friends. Going camping and "quadding" with friends to a ghost town nearby in another week. Sure is more comfy than the popup camper we've been using.