Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2019, 08:00 AM   #21
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by radargil View Post
We bought steps from a company near Dallas. Their web address is: www.rv-co.com
They also have porches that fold up for travel. We bought the porch and steps.
Check them out.

The pile of parts with steps and rails, etc. looks pretty substantial. Where to you store it when traveling? How long does it take to put the parts together? We have a 5th wheel and have 3 steps but also use an additional portable step with adjustable legs to decrease the distance to the ground for the bottom step. How much is shipping approximately which is added to cost for the port-a-step assembly?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:55 AM   #22
opalhood

Glow Steps are Great!

We have a 2017 Bullet Premier and had issues with the factory steps. Not only the bouncing, but also the distance between each step was different (short, medium, tall) which bothered my knees. We replaced the factory steps a year ago with the Glow Steps which we love. I would also say we just returned from our local RV show, and about 50% of the new trailers now have the MoRyde steps from the factory. They appear to be quite nice as well.
opalhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:59 AM   #23
Braysgrandpa

Made my decision

Finally went with the mor/ryde step above. What a difference! Took about 10 minutes to install. No regrets.
Braysgrandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #24
Big1

I have the MorRyde on my new Jayco that the wife and I love.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Storage Compartment RV Lock 047.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	20722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Storage Compartment RV Lock 056.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	20723  
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #25
larryflew

Any of you guys that went with Glowstep on the heavy side? At nearly 300 I need sturdy.
larryflew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:34 PM   #26
Ribtip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
As a short term (maybe permanent?) solution, try putting a bottle jack or two under the bottom step. I've seen/talked to people who have done this and are super happy with it.
I have a 2×4 cut to fit under the steps. I also have 2 2x4's screwed together for when the steps are high off the ground. Cut them so they fit under the step and cant slide out. Works great and steps are solid.
Ribtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:11 PM   #27
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
As a short term (maybe permanent?) solution, try putting a bottle jack or two under the bottom step. I've seen/talked to people who have done this and are super happy with it.
On my previous rig, I installed a Stromberg Carlson adjustable stair brace. We were very happy with it. But unlike that rig, which had "hollow bottomed" steps, the Keystone steps have integral I-beams across them, making the add-on impossible to install on the bedroom entry steps (the other entry is a SolidStep). As a result, I myself try to use the bedroom entry as little as possible.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:30 PM   #28
bobbecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryflew View Post
Any of you guys that went with Glowstep on the heavy side? At nearly 300 I need sturdy.
This is our Glow Step installation with the optional handrail. Four steps and less are rated 375lbs, five and six steps rated 325lbs. These are solid as a rock and made in the USA as well. https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TorkLift steps and handrail.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	30355  
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:12 AM   #29
ChuckS

I like the looks of the Lippert and MorRyde but still just using the stock 4 step fold out unit. Gets us in and out safely...and the dirt stays outside when we fold the OEM steps up

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:17 AM   #30
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I like the looks of the Lippert and MorRyde but still just using the stock 4 step fold out unit. Gets us in and out safely...and the dirt stays outside when we fold the OEM steps up
We've been using the Lippert steps since we bought this trailer in July and we have had no problem with dirt or debris getting into the trailer.. it takes all of two minutes to run a whisk broom over the steps before picking them up.. As far as that goes... I used the same broom to clean off the old style steps on the old trailer...
Old 10-16-2020, 05:30 AM   #31
MarkEHansen

I agree with Javi. We keep a small hand broom in the entry area where we can reach it to brush off the stairs before we fold them up. Easy-peasy. I really love how stable these stairs are. I can walk in forward and walk out forward, just like normal household stairs.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:29 AM   #32
koda57

Morryde Step

Great for flat camping. I mainly camp on uneven ground where these steps wont work at times. Made these up instead having to put blocks under the existing legs. Didn't like the factory legs fully extended and creating a trip hazard and the leverage on the step. When the original legs are fully extended they started to bend the receiver part of the step. These have 7 inches more height before being extended. Slide them in when I need them. Cant close the door with them in. I would rather have a different step and will eventually change. Don't like all the changing of the leg height. I know there will be a time when the rear of the trailer will be to low and wont be able to deploy the step. With one door at the rear that will be an issue.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1536.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	30357