Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Yes, that reading comes from the converter. Any time you're plugged into shore power, the "battery status indicator" will show all light illuminated. The only time it will give you a "battery only reading" is when you are disconnected from shore power and ONLY the battery is providing voltage to the 12 VDC system.

If you are connected to shore power or to a generator, then all the wiring in the 12VDC system will be at 13.6 VDC provided by the converter, so the "battery status indicator" will interpret that as "fully charged battery" and light all the lights.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #22
Skins44

def a bad battery
1. it was marked as demo, so dealer either forgot to put a new one in when i purchased or they tried to pull a fast one.
2. it wasn't even a deep cell battery. It was a starting battery.

having a used, starting battery certainly created some odd issues. I didn't stand a chance with that scenario. Appreciate all of your feedback!

2017 Outback 276UBH
2010 F150 Lariat
Skins44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:51 PM   #23
14george

Glad you found out what caused it
Old 02-14-2019, 10:49 AM   #24
Harrishome2005

I have a 2017 Montana and I have had trouble keeping my batteries charged during the storage season. This year I thought I would kind out why batteries keep losing a charge with I have the switch off in the service area. My batteries are completely shot after 2 years of owner ship, and I purchased it new. After investigation, it was determined that the switch only turned off power to part of the fuse panel only and there were other parts of the electrical system on trailer that was still powered.
I took the all of your advice and installed a on/off switch to completely turn all of the power when it is stored. This situation has cost me 2 batteries, labor to install the switch, and trouble shooting cost.
Thank you Skin44 for starting this thread.
Harrishome2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:37 PM   #25
Skins44

Glad you resolved the issue Harrishome. Misery loves company! this forum has been a huge help for me so far in my <1 year of camper ownership. I have had a few issues and made a few mistakes, but in the end i love it.

Enjoy my friend!

2017 Outback 276UBH
2010 F150 Lariat
Skins44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical