Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2023, 08:41 AM   #41
BeeMagicUSA

"pull the fitting circled in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You would "pull the fitting circled in red" and connect the suction fitting/hose that is in the gallon jug of antifreeze.... Don't worry about "hooking it up wrong, if you hook your "suction fitting to the supply side of the water pump, if the fresh water tank is empty, you'll only blow bubbles into the antifreeze jug. If the fresh water tank is full (or has enough water remaining to deliver water to the pump, you'll know as soon as you turn on the pump because the antifreeze will "grow in the jug".... Anyway, attach your suction fitting to the red port. On top of the pump head, you should see a "molded arrow" pointing "INTO" the pump. The outlet side as a "molded arrow" pointing "AWAY" from the pump... The arrows aren't easy to see, especially when you're standing on your head, using a flashlight to see the pump.....

ADDED: When you get ready to pull that fitting circled in red, BE SURE YOUR FRESH WATER TANK IS EMPTY... If there is water in the tank, gravity will "flow water" all over your trailer through the tank supply hose that's connected to the fitting.
It seems my camper has exactly the same water pump and those blue fittings just confused me a lot. hey have two position like on and off. What they do for a pump ? Your suggestion given to another guy is to "pull the fitting circled in red . Tell me please in plain English what did you mean to pull? Should I de-touch the hose from a pump ? What hose end I have to insert into an antifreeze gallon jag to start filling a system without filling a tank?
BeeMagicUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 09:30 AM   #42
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMagicUSA View Post
It seems my camper has exactly the same water pump and those blue fittings just confused me a lot. hey have two position like on and off. What they do for a pump ? Your suggestion given to another guy is to "pull the fitting circled in red . Tell me please in plain English what did you mean to pull? Should I de-touch the hose from a pump ? What hose end I have to insert into an antifreeze gallon jag to start filling a system without filling a tank?

This thread was started approx. 9 years ago and the last post was 2 years ago. There are 41 posts and it's hard to determine what posts you are referring to with your questions.

What is the direct question about winterizing? In a nutshell the pump pulls from either the water tank or a jug of antifreeze. The trailer may have an switch/knob in a convenience center that does that for you or you may have to access the back of the pump and either connect a tube into a jug of pink stuff or install a fitting that allows you to do that. When winterizing you want to have the bypass on the water heater on so you don't fill it with antifreeze. From there what is your situation?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 09:57 AM   #43
flybouy
Site Team

If you have a Flo-Jet use the fitting John posted with a length of tubing. If it's a different pump then but a "winterizing kit" the includes a hose, a valve T fitting and install it on the suction side of the pump.

The single valve is used on water heaters that have a check valve screwed into the WH hot water out pipe. The valve is only needed to divert cold water from going into the thank and diverting it to the hot water line. The valve handle indicates the direction of flow, so for water to enter the tank turn the handle to point towards the tank. To bypass the tank, turn the handle 1/4 turn until it points to the bypass pipe.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote