Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
daveinaz

Shower door removal in 08 Montana

The PO had removed the shower door and I'm wanting to reinstall it. I've got the door and two new hinge pins. I thought that I could just insert the door into the upper pin and then drop it down into the lower pin but there isn't enough clearance. So, I'm guessing that I have to remove that top rail above the shower door? Which I'm guessing is held in by those 8 screws on the top -- 2 on each end of the rail above the door, then two on either side of the top panel?
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If it doesn't appear that those 8 screws and the top rail have been removed, then I'd suspect the PO removed the door without having to disassemble anything. It sounds like you're having trouble trying to figure out how to hold the door in position and keep things aligned long enough to get the two hinge pins inserted.

I'd suggest that you inspect that top rail carefully. If it doesn't appear to have been removed, then chances are if he could get the hinge pins out without disassembly, you should be able to get them back in as well.....

Maybe a couple of photos to illustrate what you're facing would help members visualize what you're trying to do....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:33 PM   #3
daveinaz

I also wrote the PO when I posted here and he since answered back and said that he did have to remove the top rail above the shower door.
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana