Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
gmesser67

New Passport 2910 - Looking for Input

We traded in our Jayco 28BHS for a Passport 2910, we needed an additional bunk. No more kids sleeping on the couch or table. Any feedback on the Passport would be appreciated.

Thanks
gmesser67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
tantsits

We purchased a 2013 2910BH in September and have only been out 1weekend so far due to Winter up here in the North East. What type of information are you looking for? I would like to see the responses as well on this topic by other 2910 owners.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
tantsits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
gmesser67

Basic experience, overall impression of the camper and anything to look out for with it.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
E597283

I have a 2011 2910bh LTD Edition and love it. We have 4 kids and the bunk house is really nice. The large u-shaped dinette is nice. I also like the 2nd exterior door and with lower bunk up I use that as a garage for bikes. The rear storage under the bed has some bins and is used for storing more clothes for longer trips. I took the screws out under the mattress support and drilled a "finger hole" to lift up for interior access. Also, took out the rod from the rear armoire and installed shelves. Lastly, took the "skirt" at the bottom of the sofa (wasted space)off and put some decorative wicker storage bins for toys and easy access to blankets. All and all size and weight work well for me

2011 Keystone Passport 2910BH Ltd. Edition

2007 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2 liter
E597283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
rhminva

We purchased our 2013 2910bh last May. With 4 boys the bunkhouse and U-shaped dinette are definately nice to have. We picked up some white storage bins with drawers from Target that fit in the rear armoir perfectly. I am a bit dissapointed with the grill attachment on the rear bumper. The grill doesn't sit level, causing some issue's with hot spots in the rear and not enought heat on the front. This was considered a "free amenity" on the unit, so I guess I can't complain too much. I think on later 2013's they changed the grill so you may not have the same issue.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
muddynoll

We purchased our 2910 BH in June 2011, trading our Jayco 232. The floorplan fits us perfectly. We like that the bunks are all the same size. and the entry door can be opened without hitting the awning. Both big selling points for us ,and hard to find.The rear bunk storage holds our Chuck box and chairs very well. tons of available storage space.We have not found any other camper that we would trade this one for.
2004 F350,CCLB SRW 6.0Powerstroke, 4.30 Gears, Curt 1,500 Lb. Hitch with sway control *2017 Fuzion Impact 312, Sailun S637 Tires 2011 Passport 2910 BH, 2006 Jayco 232, 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L, ReeseDualCam, Prodigy P3
muddynoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Bob Landry

Some things come to mind, but I really think it's common to most Keystones and not just your particular model.

Air Conditioner Ducts - Pull the bottom grill and make sure everything is properly taped and you aren't blowing cold air into the roof area. Also pull the ceiling registers and re-tape around where the duct was cut out for the registers. They all have gaps and you are going to lose precious cold air into the ceiling. Use something to block the air at the back of the end ducts. There's no reason to push air to the ends of the trailer if there is not a register for it to discharge from. The back pressure from this extra duct will not push more air out of the existing registers.

Roof Sealing - Most people don't look at this at PDI, I didn't. Go up on the roof and make sure that everything that is attached, vents, fans, etc. is proper sealed and that water will not be able to work it's way into roof. Particularly look at the plastic end caps and corner moldings and make sure they were properly installed and sealed. Mine were not and neither was it right on a new trailer that was owned by a guyI chatted with on this board.

Drawer supports - The drawer supports are poorly constructed from 1/8" luan scraps and staples. Pull the drawers out and you will see what I mean. I rebuilt mine using pieces of 1/2" plywood, screws and wood glue.

Someone else may come up with something, but this will get you a good start.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
EcoboostKev

I have two friends with the same trailer and they love it. We were actually looking at that trailer and it was down to either that or a Outback 292bh. The wife decided on the Outback. The only complaint one of my friends had was the bed mattress was not very comfortable. For the record he is a BIG guy and just ended up with a memory foam topper and now all is well. I wish you the best of luck with the new trailer!
Kevin
https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...11_748-1-1.jpg
EcoboostKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
gmesser67

thank you

thank you for all the feedback. now we just need it to stop snowing and we can get out with it
Old 03-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
EcoboostKev

I know exactly what you are going through. I cant wait for spring either. No winter camping for me!!!

https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...11_748-1-1.jpg
EcoboostKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #11
gmesser67

after seeing that picture I cannot complain
Old 03-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
Tri Tip

We picked up a 2012 in December and have taken it out 4 times already. Our maden voyage was 5 days over New Years. We absolutly love it. 80% of the time we dont have to make the sofa or table into a bed. Pulls very nice and tons of storage. Absolutly no issues at all. I've gone through the whole unit with a fine tooth comb and seems to be fine. I did reinforce the bottom bunk by the door with 4 supports it was a bit bendy. Other than that no issues.

Tri Tip is offline   Reply With Quote