Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2019, 07:27 AM   #1
Whit66

Slide out is not level once I level my 2019 30RLS

I need some help/suggestions! I have 2019 30 RLS 5th wheel , when I first set up I level my trailer, than I put out my 3 slides. That is when it seems odd, my passenger slide which is my kitchen table and recliner is always not level. Now I have crawled under the slide and it has a cover so I cannot see where I could add supports..

My question is should this slide be level once I put it out, should I try to level it or is it ok to be not level..

Thanks
Whit66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

DO NOT put any supports underneath. You need to look at the ends of the slide on the INSIDE of the trailer. Are the TOP and BOTTOM edge touching the wall?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:33 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

First, what "kind" of slide is it? Hydraulic, electric ram or cable operated?

Second, when extended, is the fascia on the inside border of the slide evenly spaced at the top and bottom of the slide? You can "run a finger" along the edge of the fascia to make that determination. If the fascia is even, then the slide is the problem. If the fascia is not even, then the slide may sit level if adjusted properly so that the fascia is even at the top and bottom.

Let us know what type of slide you have and the status of the fascia.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:41 AM   #4
jsb5717

• Is the rest of trailer still level once the slide is out or has it changed?
  • Is the trailer well supported once leveled?

I believe you are supposed to level and stabilize before putting the slides out

I've also heard arguments about not supporting the slides independently of the trailer as that may have the potential for causing binding in the slide mechanism.

In my experience, the trailer is never fully level at all points of the rig at the same time. You can level the floor but the counter is off or the bed isn't level. Level the bed and the kitchen cabinet doors don't stay put. You get the picture. I've seen that in several 5vers and have just assumed that's the way it is. You just have to pick the place in the rig that is most important to you and level to that point and live with the rest. The rest will be close but not perfect.

Good advise above. Since it's new maybe there's an adjustment needed.
  • Is the slide fully extending and properly seated?
  • Any chance there is something holding it out that you can move out of the way?
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:04 AM   #5
Whit66

It seems to cable, it is obvious from measuring from inside the trailer the forward part of the slide is 1/2" at top between the slide and the wall, it is 1" from the wall to slide at the bottom.. The aft of the slide is 1/2" from top to bottom
Whit66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:09 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

It sounds like it needs the cables adjusted, Since its a 2019 it should be under warranty and cable adjustments should be done by an experienced person. If your not comfortable then I would schedule a warranty appointment with your selling dealer.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out