Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #21
sfem192

Definitely use a regulator

I had to replace a faucet not long ago and while the piping is Pex, the faucets are made with a very flimsy plastic and IMO I don’t know how they hold up as well as they do. I would and have always use a pressure regulator. Plus some of the fittings seem very flimsy as well.
sfem192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:30 AM   #22
markjamestx

Water Pressure Regulator

Best you can get. Adjust it to your desired pressure as long as the campground can accommodate it. We have ours set at 50 PSI so my DW can take a shower everyday. Recently went to two campgrounds, with one having 140 PSI and the other having 100 PSI. Glad we had it. Used the ones without the gauge and adjustment, but she could not take that shower.
2021 GMC SIERRA SLT 2500 HD

markjamestx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #23
apachewolf

water regulators

MarkEHansen
Water pressure regulators

After reading on these forums, we now want to get a real regulator. The ones that were recommended were pretty expensive ($300-$500 range). This seems like a lot of money. Is there any reason one like this would not work?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07171VDQR...pa_dk_detail_1

It's only around $35. I could even purchase 2 so I have a spare.

Thanks,

Had one of those and found it to be crappy. The black top on the brass body blew off. Upon inspecting it closely after I found it out in the grass I found that it had VERY fine thread which obviously could not hold it in place under high pressure. I went back to the cheaper model which does a good enough job. Awhile back I read an article where several of those regulators were compared, and there wasn’t much difference in performance between them so why spend extra money on something that does not perform much better?

Happy camping.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure