Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
SkyPiGG

Manual Overide?

I don't have a need for this (and hopefully will NEVER have one), but just as a precaution, how do you operate a slide-out with no power? A fellow camper said I should have a port for a crank, but we looked my unit over, and couldn't find it.

Just wondering.
SkyPiGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Do you have hydraulic or electric slides?
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Every slide on modern RV's has a manual capability. It may be hidden under the black plastic underbelly, or in some it's over the inner molding at the top of the slide, other's it's through an access hole on the skirting opposite the slide. Possibly someone with the same model and year RV will answer your question with more specifics, but the general answer is, Yes, you have a manual capability, finding it may be more difficult, but it's there.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:36 AM   #4
Cgjt

Slide override tutorial

If you go to the Keystone RV website there is a video that explains how to manually open and/or close the slide outs. Once onto the site look into the customer service heading listed in the sub title bar. The tutorial is also listed toward the bottom of the opening page in the "How to ...." video section. Hope this helps AND you never have to use it!
Cgjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
SlowPoke

My Passport is electric and has the motor for each slide located above the slide, inside behind a valance. It requires taking off a center piece of the valance exposing the motor, but you need to stand on your head and have arms that bend backwards like a flamingos legs to insert the shaft to override the slide motor... The same goes for adjustments to the cables so I'm REALLY not looking forward to the day I have to adjust them myself.

Cgjt is certainly right about the videos... they show all the formats, however may not be specific to your particular model .They will give you a good idea in locating it/them though!

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #6
SkyPiGG

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definately take a gander at the instructional video.
SkyPiGG is offline   Reply With Quote