Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Barryman

New Springdale 2013 267bhssr

Hello all! Just purchased a 2013 Springdale 267bhssr and took possession today. Kids are "dry" camping tonight in the driveway. Can't wait to take it out next weekend. I do have a question though. How long will 2 12 v batteries last while dry camping. No light use, but radio and water pump occasionally. Thanks!

--Barry Landing
Barryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Barry -
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Springdale. You should be good for the weekend with prudent use of your batteries. Minimizing the use of lights and the water pump will help to reduce battery drain.

If you do a fair amount of dry camping, I would recommend that you consider installing LED lights. There is a Sticky on LED Lights and Lighting in the Modifications and Upgrades section of the forum which you might find informative.

When your present 12v batteries start to show their age, I would take a serious look at replacing them with 6v. These will give you a few more amp hours and enable you to stay out a bit longer without hookups.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
cabinfever

Welocome! We brought our Springdale home Monday. We have fresh 6 inches of snow this morning, so may be a week or two until we "camp" in the drive!

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #4
f6bits

The kids must be in heaven. I wish I could dry camp in my driveway.

As said, LED lighting will go a long way in battery conservation. But what totally kills the battery is the furnace – the blower is the biggest energy hog in the trailer.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote