Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2018, 12:02 PM   #1
Pacburrows

Fuel station fuse

Hello everyone. I have a 2012 410LEV Raptor. The fuel pump stopped working on my coach. I have a good electrical back ground so after about an hour I discovered the problem is inside the box where the on off switch and fuel gauge are. The pump works fine if I bypass the box. My problem is I can not find the fuse for that circuit. I had power to the plug that goes into that box, but I accidentally shorted the plug. I know I blew a fuse but I can't find it. Any ideas?
Pacburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #2
xrated

I'm not sure which one of the fuses in the DC part of your panel it is either. Does your DC panel have Red LEDs next to the fuses? If so, a Red LED should indicate that the fuse is blown. If no LED, you may just have to pull the fuses one at a time and look at them to see if it is blown.

On a side note, I have that same pump...the GPI-8 as a fuel pump for the aux tank on my CrewCab Dually. I've replaced two of the switches already, and the third one was bad. This weekend, I totally removed the switch and jumped the switch wires together. Upstream of that, under the hood of my truck, I installed a very heavy duty relay (200 amp) and then fed a switch leg back to my toolbox in the bed of the truck and will now use that to turn on the heavy duty relay that is under the hood. The relay coil only pulls about 400 milliamps, so 16 ga wire for the switch leg circuit is plenty big and a 5 or 6 amp switch mounted inside the tool box.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:31 PM   #3
Pacburrows

I checked the main fuse/breaker panel. I noticed there are red lights that come on when the fuse is pulled. But I found the issue. There are 3 single 15amp fuses in my forward battery compartment. One was blown. They are kind of hidden behind the batteries and tangled inside the wiring harness in that compartment. If anyone else has this problem, look for fuses in your battery compartment.
Pacburrows is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuse