Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
WHThayer

Red face Furnace kicking off 310RLS 2018

My furnace has stopped working twice now, and I have found the solution. After removing 8 screws and taking off the cover to the furnace I found a small toggle switch marked "off" or "reset" . What an odd place to put that!!
My questions are what might be kicking it off and why on earth do they hide the switch inside like that? Anyone have this same problem??
Old 10-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If that switch has “tripped” then there is an issue that needs to be addressed. Could be any number of reasons.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

That "safety switch" is a failsafe device. It "trips to shut down the furnace" if there's a problem with the startup sequence, a problem with the cool down sequence or an overtemperature indication that was detected, which, if ignored, might cause an unsafe condition. If it's tripped, as Chuck said, there's a problem that occurred which needs to be addressed. It's sort of like a circuit breaker that keeps tripping or a GFI that keeps tripping. You can keep resetting it, over and over, but eventually, you're going to either "burn up that electrical device that's tripping the circuit breaker or you're going to get shocked when the GFI finally stops working... Either way, it would likely be much cheaper to find and fix the problem while the rest of the furnace is still functional rather than burn up the whole thing, which, if your luck is like mine, will happen on the coldest night of the most remote camping trip when nothing is open until Tuesday and it's only 10PM Friday night......

Something's wrong with your furnace, find the problem and fix it now rather than when you need it most and it won't reset.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:06 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

I'll jump on as well. That "reset" switch is a safety device to prevent damage and possible catastrophic damage. (setting you, your camper, and any other occupants on fire) It is not a nuisance device.
It was installed there to prevent it from becoming your "solution". The "solution is to find out why it tripped and correct the issue.
OK down off my soap box now.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace