Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2019, 09:05 AM   #1
rengawdor

A Thank You to Dexstar Wheels

We spent most of July traveling the Badlands/Black Hills/Yellowstone area. When we purchased the RV 3 years ago (2009 Cougar Fifth Wheel), we had new tires and wheels installed.
Prior to leaving on this trip (about 5000 miles round trip from the Pittsburgh area), we replaced the tires with new Carlisle ST 225/75R15 Load Range E tires. The rims, which looked brand new, were Dexstar 15X6 with a 2830 lb rating.
When we got ready to leave our campground in Mitchell, Sd, we had a flat. We took it to the local tire shop, who told us that the tire was fine, but the rim was cracked. The crack was at one of the welds between the center section and the outside "hoop". We purchased a replacement that they had in stock, and we were on our way.
On our return leg, one of the other tires developed a leak. We put on the spare and completed our trip. When we got home, I found that the second flat also had a cracked rim, but it was not at a weld location.

Dexstar's website stated that they had a 2 year warranty on all their products. I contacted their Customer Service department and described my situation. My purpose was to see if I could purchase 4 new rims directly from the factory, and then have my own tire guy install the Carlisle tires on the new rims.

Dexstar stated that they stand behind their products. They sent me 4 new rims at no cost, and provided a return slip so I could return the bad rim back to their Technical Team.

To say I was impressed was an understatement. They didn't have to do this, based on their warranty policy, and I didn't have any paperwork on the purchase (the dealership kept it), but they did.
In this day and age when people and companies try to avoid responsibility, it it refreshing to see a company go the extra mile to resolve an issue.
Rod
rengawdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
jsb5717

First, welcome aboard. Second...good story. You're right, it is refreshing to hear of a manufacturer take care of their reputation by taking care of the customer. It could have been much worse and safety could have been a real issue. They are smart to get ahead of it. Encouraging.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote