Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #1
Deeds

Fastway e2 issues

Just wanted to say thanks to anyone who gives input, I'm new here and about 2 years into camping with my 2015 laredo 23rb, my issue is that I set up my own wd setup on my 2000 f350 stock height I've adjusted it many many different ways but no matter what I do I'm always a half inch high on the rear of my pickup, the tt sits level and my front doesnt change from unloaded height, I just for the life of me cant figure out what I've done wrong to create this 1/2 inch lift on the rear... its tows ok but leaves me with a slight unsteady feeling. Does anyone possibly have any ideas on what to try? If I change anything everything gets out of wack...or should I not be concerned with a half inch lift from the fastway e2? The bars tend to snap hard into place when lifted up by trailer jack... spring bars are straight with a frame
Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
MarkEHansen

The Fastway E2 manual says what to do in such a case. It sounds to me like you have too much WD adjusted in. I'm not sure if the amount you're off is worth chasing, but the manual also says how close you need to get and what you can ignore. Have another read through the section after the initial adjustment/setup.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Old 06-23-2019, 03:44 PM   #3
Deeds

I did the recommendations in the manual, and everytime things got so out of wack I just resorted back to where I had it at being a half inch high in the rear, I cant tell if I needed a longer drop receiver or not i didn't want to spend the money on a guess or if it wasn't important. I didnt know if a half inch high is a huge deal or not...i called fastway last year and the guy said i think it'll be ok it says in his book a half inch low is ok so he assumed high would be ok too. Not too reassuring with the way he responded
Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #4
Retired Copper

Not knowing what or where the 1/2 inch rise is I am guess you are lifting the truck up 1/2 inch higher after everything is set up? If that is what you are saying then to much force on the hitch. If you measure the trailer tongue height setting level then adjust the ball height on the truck to the same height. If they are I would start removing washers in the head to remove some of the tilt. then try it. Every time I get a new hitch it take a few tries to get it just right. Good luck I am sure you will figure it out.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote