Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
NH_Bulldog

AC issue/question

So we tried the AC this weekend for the first real test (Dometic DuoTherm). Set temp to 70° inside (mid to upper 70’s outside), left the pups and locked the door and went to the beach. Came back 3 hours later and AC wasn’t running and it was 81° inside the trailer (English Bulldogs are very heat sensitive). Checked the thermostat and it was still set at 70°. Checked the breaker (fine). Lowered temp (nothing). Cycled through t-stat settings (nothing). Pulled the ceiling cover and saw nothing remarkable. Went to jiggle the white wire that appeared jammed into the fins on the intake side, and it popped out into my hand. Pulled it downwards to look at the end and the AC fired up. I saw where it was previously “installed” in line with one of the coolant tubes, so I pushed it back into the fins between tubes and it ran the rest of the weekend cycling off and on as expected with no further issues. Does anyone know if this wire is supposed to be just poked into the fins? If so, is there one place better than another? If not supposed to be there, where should it be? I am guessing the wall t-stat is the temp control and this wire is a freeze/frost sensor on the evaporator coil?
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

Here is a pic of the wire that I was referring to:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5439CE4B-CAEB-42F2-BFC5-D3CC35148359.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	22201  
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #3
Cketteman

Yes it is.
That is the freeze control sensor.*Just place about an inch into the fins of the evaporator coil. *The sensor will help keep your unit from freezing up. I replaced mine last year when the unit would keep freezing up. I also changed from the old analog thermostat to a new digital one. If you have a digital thermostat and it still acts up try to reset it still acts up, then perform a system initialization by following these steps:
Press and hold the '+' button.
Press and hold the 'On/Off Mode' button.
Hold both buttons down for about three seconds until the screen shows a -- --.
Release both buttons and press the 'On/Off Mode' button again to turn system off.*
Press 'On/Off Mode' to turn back on. *The thermostat has now been reset.
Mine is still going strong and it’s a 2005.
Good luck
Cketteman is offline   Reply With Quote