Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #21
TheGriz

Well you guys got me with your scrumptious breakfast and burger stories!!!

I ordered the 17" Blackstone Griddle from Wally World...$74 plus $4.44 for the governor shipped to my door. Delivery scheduled for Friday!!! Looking forward to getting it seasoned up and using on my deck. Then cooking those breakfasts at the CG with the aroma of bacon and potatoes/onions wafting through the air perking up the proboscis of the other campers!!!

Thanks,
Mike

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:37 PM   #22
notanlines

Dear Mike,
I read your post and I didn't see any ribeyes or large pork chops so I used your credit card on Amazon and remedied the situation. They will be here the day after our Blackstone.
Your best friend,
Jeter (woof woof)
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #23
TheGriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Dear Mike,
I read your post and I didn't see any ribeyes or large pork chops so I used your credit card on Amazon and remedied the situation. They will be here the day after our Blackstone.
Your best friend,
Jeter (woof woof)
Believe me...he gets more than his fair share of everything on the grill!!!

That was great. Thanks for the good laugh!!!

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:48 PM   #24
rogeru

I bought the Blackstone "combination" Grill AND Griddle for around $210. last Fall. The darn stand itself is pretty heavy, but the grill and the griddle fit on it so easily. The thing has a cast iron burner for the grill, which will get hotter than hell if you want it to. And, the electric lighter works for BOTH units - and works flawlessly. Just m2cw.... love it!
rogeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:22 PM   #25
Salty25

Picked up a 17" from Walmart today for $74. Just have to figure out the connection to my hose.

Will stop by Ace tomorrow to get the right size brass fitting.

USN (retired)
Retired Law Enforcement
Salty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:50 AM   #26
busterbrown

Bought one off Amazon for $59 last month. Used it about 5 times now. My first impressions: more commercial grade than I would have expected. Knobs and griddle surface are well engineered. It took several meals to really 'season' the cooking surface. It's definitely a grill contender with burger patties, veggies, sausages, and breakfast items. Purchased a dome cover and spatula kit to complete the ensemble. Last week, I made Philly cheese steaks on the griddle with absolute success.

The only thing I find that Blackstone can't compete with are the searing marks from a traditional open flame grill especially on something like a 1 inch thick cut ribeye. For me, it's not a grill replacement. It is, however, a versatile appliance that makes opens up more breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas. A satisfying $59 spent.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:42 AM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Bought one off Amazon for $59 last month. Used it about 5 times now. My first impressions: more commercial grade than I would have expected. Knobs and griddle surface are well engineered. It took several meals to really 'season' the cooking surface. It's definitely a grill contender with burger patties, veggies, sausages, and breakfast items. Purchased a dome cover and spatula kit to complete the ensemble. Last week, I made Philly cheese steaks on the griddle with absolute success.

The only thing I find that Blackstone can't compete with are the searing marks from a traditional open flame grill especially on something like a 1 inch thick cut ribeye. For me, it's not a grill replacement. It is, however, a versatile appliance that makes opens up more breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas. A satisfying $59 spent.

My thoughts exactly. It is a super versatile cooking method that makes a lot of things really easy and kind of opens up possibilities that are hard using pots and pans on a stove. Now, my ribeyes, they will be on a grill. A flattop can cook them, and I've eaten lots of them from one, but just aren't the same as cooked over a fire.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:22 PM   #28
Jeepshots

Blackstone also makes a grill top for the 28" and 36" units. Take the griddle off, put the grill on, and cook your steaks the old fashioned way! I haven't gotten the grill top for either of mine, simply because i can't figure out an easy way of storing it...
~ In your darkest hour when the demons come, call on me brother and we will fight them together! ~
Jeepshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:35 PM   #29
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepshots View Post
Blackstone also makes a grill top for the 28" and 36" units. Take the griddle off, put the grill on, and cook your steaks the old fashioned way! I haven't gotten the grill top for either of mine, simply because i can't figure out an easy way of storing it...

One of the things I really like about the Blackstone griddle is that all the mess stays on top and you just clean "stuff" into the grease trap. The burners and area underneath with the H burners stays nice and clean. I would be afraid that putting a grill over the burners and using it to grill things with an open grate would degrade (and really dirty up) the inside of the very clean burner area. I think it's a cool idea and a way for them to maximize the versatility of the unit (thanks for the heads up - I was unaware) but I think I'm just going to have a dedicated grill.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:41 PM   #30
ptooti

36" for the house

Love our's so much just bought a 36" for the patio <3

Current : 2018 Passport Elite 19RB
Past 2015 R-Pod 179
6,000 Equalizer WDH
2009 F150 Lariat 5.4l
ptooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:52 PM   #31
SC Dreamer

Y'all need to stop helping me spend "our" money!
SC Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:05 PM   #32
Jeepshots

I modified my 36" top. Welded a 3/4" lip all the way around the front, as well as around the drip edge. I drilled out the drip edge hole, and welded in a 3/4" black pipe nipple, and now I hang a grease bucket under it. Keeps any grease from draining down the leg and onto the patio. I don't have to worry about it being perfectly level either - the grease/fluids can't over-run the low drain channel edge now.
~ In your darkest hour when the demons come, call on me brother and we will fight them together! ~
Jeepshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:17 PM   #33
cavediver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Dreamer View Post
Y'all need to stop helping me spend "our" money!
I'm with him!!!

Jack
cavediver is offline   Reply With Quote