Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2019, 06:28 AM   #81
notanlines

"Empty it when it burps, use it till it burps again. At the end of the season, rinse it a couple of times, put it away till spring and when it warms up enough to camp, use it till it burps. Any more "attention paid to black tanks" is time wasted." I simply couldn't have said it better myself!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:09 AM   #82
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
Interesting that black tanks have generated so many responses...I agree with the comments regarding safety and "monitoring the sloshing"...However...

[For the RV'er] My guess is that this is a low priority for most members - those whose concept of RV'ing is moving from one shore power location to another shore power location. If you have hookups (nearly) every night, then black tank status is not going to be very important.

[For the Camper] Let's not leave out those of us who consider "boon-docking" to be the primary use of our RV. If you plan to be miles away from any shore power hook-up for two weeks, then black tank status can become instantly important! You would be disgusted if you found your boon-docking neighbor just dumped his black tank in the National Forest (he might get jail time if caught). I get disgusted when I have to break camp to drive 50 miles to town in order to dump the black tank!

So black tank status CAN and should be a high priority for some of us.

Whether boondocking or sitting in a campground I suspect the status of a black tank is a high priority for most folks. I think the importance/performance of the indicators is being questioned.

Having spent years of boondocking with no hookups or indicators and now years of using improved campgrounds with indicators, nothing really changes. We know how to extend the use of the black tank if needed for boondocking and what to look for if it is getting full; same sitting in a campground. None of it hinges on the indicators, and, when it's full, it's full and there's nothing you can really do about it but go dump it. So, I don't think it's really any more important to boondockers than anyone else, it's just how you use it; the remedy is the same for anyone/everyone and knowing what to look for.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:17 AM   #83
bobcampbell

Actually I find it great for troubleshooting. As an Electronics Eng. it is a central point for investigating all kinds of issues. Ex: Tank sensors, everything right there central
bobcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:19 AM   #84
bobcampbell

I believe the relays are automotive type, and can be bought at NAPA??
bobcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #85
LHaven

While on a recent rare trip to cold country, I reported as a bug the behavior I discovered where if you turn the (AC) fan "off" while in furnace mode, it comes on low instead. To get the fan to shut off, you have to choose "auto" mode (under which I would guess there's no circumstances it would turn on anyway). I not only got a quick reply from ASA, but they attached an instruction sheet that documented this very behavior (lower left corner).

Of course. Off is on, war is peace, ignorance is strength. What engineer wouldn't have designed things this way?

One piece of old business:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
Now I really like operating the slides and awning while standing outside to watch them but I would rather have switches for the lights, it's kind of a pain to put in the 4 digit password just to turn a light on.
This was one of my gripes, too -- especially to turn on the water pump on the way to a rushed appointment with the loo. Now, I don't know if I overlooked this feature initially, or whether they added it in a subsequent software upgrade after I bought my unit, but there is a row of icons for common functions underneath the passcode screen that you can use immediately without going through the passcode screen. They include water pump, lights, and water heater. I appreciate the convenience.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HVAC QRG Front.pdf (452.5 KB, 85 views)
Old 11-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #86
Nate805

I’ve had my 29BHS for a year now. I was looking at a 19 with inCommand. I’m in California and wanted an East Coast unit to get the arched ceilings and 50amp as at the time they only shipped 30 amp without arch ceilings to the west coast. While searching across the country on the internet, I struck a deal on a 2018 for $24,900 while the 19s were largely being sold for $30-34k. Losing the inCommand at that price point didn’t bother me at all! Would have been nice but the switches are easy and reliable.

Now that I have a 2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 Duramax, it’s be cool to have the integration with the truck... but oh well. Not worth the extra money at the price points I was looking at back then.
Nate805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:30 AM   #87
John57

Will not use it. Had I tried it prior to purchasing, it would have been a deal killer.... even teh rep at General RV didnt know how to do some things that were in that system. Prefer switches, thermostats, and handles......
John57 is offline   Reply With Quote