Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
cavediver

Trailer plates

Hi I'm not sure where to put this so I'll try here. I live close to the state of Michigan. In fact we bought our last RV there. The dealer said I'm going to save you some money, we said OK. We are going to register your trailer in Michigan, we have permanent plates. We also have some property in Michigan. We paid about three years worth of plates in Ohio, and have plates for life. The down side is anyone can do it. My neighbor has them on his utility trailer. My son has them on his boat trailer. We all live in Ohio and it's legal. So if you live close to Michigan and plan to keep your vehicle for a while you might want to consider a trip to Michigan.

Jack
cavediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
Frank G

I think this happens a lot, We have friends that are Ohio residents, winter in Florida and have Florida plates on there RV.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:49 PM   #3
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
I think this happens a lot, We have friends that are Ohio residents, winter in Florida and have Florida plates on there RV.
A cousin of mine has kept their domicile in Texas and full times, so they opted to use Florida tags. Here is a link to their blog detailing how and why they decided to use FL tags vs TX tags.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #4
slufoot733

In PA you can opt for PERM TRAILER plates. You pay a one time fee and the plate is good for as long as you own the trailer, never pay again.
slufoot733 is offline   Reply With Quote