Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #21
JimMach1

We are good Sam members it has saved us at Nebraska and Colorado parks our local parks are cheap enough as it is but 1 trip to Colorado and 3 in Nebraska paid for it however the park permits made up the difference.
JimMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #22
ken56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefster View Post
So now that you've moved are you able to get out of your membership? Or do you have to keep paying the yearly dues?
You can stop paying for C2C but you can't get out of your contract with your home park. Remember that they are 2 separate things. You can keep paying and using your home park without being a C2C member.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:58 AM   #23
Jefster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
You can stop paying for C2C but you can't get out of your contract with your home park. Remember that they are 2 separate things. You can keep paying and using your home park without being a C2C member.
Right, that's what I wondered. So you live in TN now, but you can't get out of your membership with the parks in MI. OP is thinking that you can just quit if you don't want it anymore, but I've been told it's not that easy.
It seems like you'd still want the C2C membership if you live that far away now in order to access other membership networks and keep getting some use out of the membership, even if you are paying $10 per night instead of it being free.
Jefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:17 AM   #24
Rex1vt

I am looking at information in the 2018 directory and will comment on some of its guide information.
1. All venues are vetted and rated by Good Sam.I am prone to use RV Park reviews wherever I intend to stay while recognizing some comments may be the result of getting up on the wrong side of the bed.Regardless as previously stated do not expect the best of the best just because of affiliation,do your homework.CTC suggests going to their Facebook page for online comments,contacts. Facebook.com/CoastResorts and "LIKE" to stay up to date.(I have not done so).
2.I notice comments on this thread referring to membership to a" local park".I believe you simply need a home resort,not local as such.When we first joined we had a local home resort and they kept increasing the annual so we transferred to a park in Unadilla ,Georgia and obtained a lifetime rate,which also allows us to get out of the membership.We did this by upgrading from Classic to Deluxe.The last time we were at the "Southern Trails" location they had memebership offerings that maybe worth your while to check out(example only).
3. I agree with previous comment that "USE" is the way to get your moneys worth but your travel plans also become a factor.You can either plan your trip according to resort location or plan your trip according to your chosen destination,the two do not always go together. When you are simply trying to explore unknown areas and benefit from your membership as you go so be it.You never know what is around the bend.
4. Depending on which level of membership you buy you also have access to travel and accomodation services that do not require an RV.
5. Good luck in reaching a decision with gained knowledge and someone you trust.
Rex1vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:59 PM   #25
ken56

Rex1, how did you handle your transfer? I understand that you need to purchase a new membership in another park at their current pricing correct? I still have family back in Michigan and still use my home park on occasion. The rate I purchased my membership was low by todays offerings and the maintenance fees are not crazy nor have they been raised on me over the past years. That said transferring may not be the smartest financial move for me even if I never go back to that home park. Is there something I have not learned about or understand about transferring a home park membership?
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:17 PM   #26
Rex1vt

ken56,I did this years ago,member since 1995.I believe when I upgraded to Deluxe at my original home park it had language which allowed me to transfer with permission of the home park.I heard from another member Southern Trails was the go to for cheap and fixed dues so I went for it. I do not recall that much money was involved in the process.I pay $100 to ST plus $150 to CTC per year.If you look at ST website it appears their claim to fame are terms,not necessarily their facility,good deal all around.
I am not up to date on the transfer process in todays world ,doesn't look like you need to do it.
I also have a Thousand Trails/Naco
membership which is providing borderline return based on use.I have used the two as compliments to each other in terms of time between visits etc. TT has a new annual regional offering which undermines a membership in many ways.
Rex1vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #27
5J's

Thanks for the discussion. I've been following the thread. At this point we've decided against the CTC membership. Our annual dues would have been $535 at the home resort and $199 for CTC. Also we were told we would have free access to the Good Neighbor Parks but, further investigation revealed that we would only have a discounted rate. We have mostly GNP parks in our area with a couple of CTC parks a couple which we can't fit in.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:10 AM   #28
SC Dreamer

You can try talking to these people. It is their business, but they are helpful in finding what fits your camping style.
https://www.campgroundmembershipoutlet.com
SC Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:33 AM   #29
Jerry S

Went into a Camping World store and there was a guy from Thousand Trails getting people to sigh up for their free giveaways gifts, they had some nice ones sitting there such as furniture and generators etc. a few days later I got a call from a lady rep saying I had won one of the great gifts that was sitting there when I filled out the free giveaway form. and how excited they were that I had won. She asked how much we camped, I told her which is quite a bit each year. I then very politely told her that I thought that the membership fee was a little high for what I got in return and she promptly hung up on me. What a rip off scam these people try to pull on campers. Never did get my free gifts that I had supposedly won. LOL
Jerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #30
str1249

Coast to Coast

Not many left. Good Sams club is a better bet. We stayed at 10 different ones from June thru July, from New Mexico up thru Cali, Nevada, Wyoming, South Dakota and Minnesota. All were excellent for overnights or longer stays.
str1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:30 PM   #31
markjamestx

Members of all of them, I think

You have Good Sam, KOA, Passport America and others. I have to say that I use Good Sam because they have a U.S./Canada Trip Planner that is great. We have used this to plot our routes from coast to coast and to Ontario. You create a trip, name it, choose starting point and then choose your ending point. Then start looking at campgrounds, sites to see and other interesting things along the way. Choose how many miles you want to drive between campgrounds and you are set. You get detail directions, map and list of sites. You can reserve the Good Sam campgrounds and any other ones that have a website listed, including KOA, State/National Parks and private campgrounds.

Good Luck,

20k miles in the last 12 months.
markjamestx is offline   Reply With Quote