Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
alelka

slide storage trays

Hey there,

We have a 2017 Cougar 32reswe. Has anyone put a slide storage tray in the storage bay? I'm tired of crawling into the storage bay to get stuff out.

Thanks
alelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:32 AM   #2
SLAMMER

My new 332RL cam with one from the factory. Works nice except for the fact that there is no STOP to keep the slide drawer from coming out all the way and ending up on the ground.
I fixed that issue the 2nd day of ownership with two holes drilled in slide track and a pin!
Perfect fix and easy to remove if needed to remove tray to crawl into space to do any work.
SLAMMER
SLAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:33 PM   #3
JohnP

I have a 199 ml Passport and put in two slide trays. One one each side. They are just under 4' each. I bought my drawer slides from lee valley tools. You need to be a little handy with wood work, its not too hard. You will loose abit of storage space as the shelve slides have to clear the opening which is about 3 - 4 inches above the storage floor. But well worth the convienience of not having to crawl half way in !!!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:26 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I have a 199 ml Passport and put in two slide trays. One one each side. They are just under 4' each. I bought my drawer slides from lee valley tools. You need to be a little handy with wood work, its not too hard. You will loose abit of storage space as the shelve slides have to clear the opening which is about 3 - 4 inches above the storage floor. But well worth the convienience of not having to crawl half way in !!!
John, A couple pictures would be great! I am getting older and fatter every day and the stuff in the center of my pass through is starting become a mystery as it is kind of hard for an old fat guy to get to... Hardest stuff to get to is the little charcoal grill and the charcoal as from one side, we have our hoses and stuff and the other is my infinite tool collection... saw some Moryde storage trays for sale that ranged from $350-650 OUCH!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:32 AM   #5
JohnP

slide out trays

I did take some pictures but will have to do some detective work to see where they have been squirrelled away! If I find them I will post.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:36 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I did take some pictures but will have to do some detective work to see where they have been squirrelled away! If I find them I will post.
Maybe check under that new slide tray !!!!

I know, I know, but "the devil made me do it" ...

I'm also looking forward to seeing your approach to this age old (or is it old age) problem...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:30 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Submit my name to the interested in seeing list. I use a boat hook to retrieve items from the 8' bed of the TV and for the front pass thru. The stuff in the pass thru is in clear plastic with lids but still is a pain to get to. Whatever I need seems to always be in the bottom on the center so I end up lifting it all out, stacking it on the ground, then putting it all back in.

Years ago we had a 29' Forest River that had a slide tray in the pass thru and I loved it. Never had an issue pulling it all the way out. If I had it 1/2 way out and couldn't get to what I wanted I'd just slide it back in, walk around and pull it from the other side.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Submit my name to the interested in seeing list. I use a boat hook to retrieve items from the 8' bed of the TV and for the front pass thru. The stuff in the pass thru is in clear plastic with lids but still is a pain to get to. Whatever I need seems to always be in the bottom on the center so I end up lifting it all out, stacking it on the ground, then putting it all back in.

Years ago we had a 29' Forest River that had a slide tray in the pass thru and I loved it. Never had an issue pulling it all the way out. If I had it 1/2 way out and couldn't get to what I wanted I'd just slide it back in, walk around and pull it from the other side.
I gotta get a boat hook. Combine that with my camper rocking back and forth when you walk around the cabin and I will feel like a ship's captain! Never could afford a boat....
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #9
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I gotta get a boat hook. Combine that with my camper rocking back and forth when you walk around the cabin and I will feel like a ship's captain! Never could afford a boat....
Is the camper really rocking or is is it the effects of the "adult beverages"?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, storage