Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2016, 07:47 AM   #1
fourfourto

Alpin Haus RV Amsterdam NY free camping

Nice dealer everything went smooth no issues with 2017 1750rd

Ended up with free camping 30 nights from delivery date 5/26 for 1 year Through thousand trails.
One from Travel resorts America 21 nights good for 1 year from when first used .They said starting next may june 2017 would be fine .

Also got lifetime warranty on all appliances axles roof ect.
I believe I have to have check up done once a year by any rv place.

Passed on the starter kit as I have all that stuff ,I received $45.00 credit at their store .
It came in handy as I needed a 2 5/8 ball also doesn't come with plate on bottom of jack I got that also had money left over I got nice paper towel roll holder under cabinet mount and slides off mount to bring outside, and a windproof long lighter

all no charge

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:51 PM   #2
Tbos

Welcome to the forum. People on the forum have mixed reviews/thoughts on the forever warranty. Glad you like your dealer. Enjoy.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:38 AM   #3
Dave W

Glad that you have had a good experience with them. I wont go into our last saga but it wasn't pleasant especially after buying two previously from them (new 'owners' now).
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:36 AM   #4
fourfourto

Had no problems yet !

What issues did you have please explain,
What locacation did you go to
thanks

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
Old 06-21-2016, 05:22 AM   #5
Dave W

I wasn't planning on going though any details but since you asked ---

1- Not delivering what we were expecting to pay for - the display 5er had several options that were not on the one that they 'planned' on delivering with no price reduction or other compensation. The finance manager said take it or leave it. We left it with a full down payment refund. The reason we didn't buy the display unit was that it had gaudy yellow furniture vs brown on the one we expected to buy. This was at the I-87 Exit 16 store

2- A 2-3 year old very nice used 5er was being considered and priced at what we felt was reasonable. As we walked back to the salesman's office to negotiate, we noticed one on the showroom floor - brand new with even more options for a bit less money. They would not even discuss a better price on the used unit, stating that was the 'lowest' possible for the used unit. Amsterdam store.

Did these events leave a bad taste? Yep!! Especially since we had previously purchased towables from them but under the earlier, original management. Way back, I used to purchase most of my skiing equipment prior to them going big with RVs so felt that they were no longer as customer oriented, now primarily bottom line driven

Oh and the above - the used 5er discussion came first, the new one was when we decided that a used 5er was not in our best interest. The 2014 Montana HC we purchased ended up more for less (way better trade dollars) though we did need to travel ~125 miles.

As I said before - if you made a good deal and are happy with the outcome, congratulations. They couldn't stay in business if everyone had a less then good experience as ours turned out.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:50 PM   #6
fourfourto

I called brad up in april for a 2016 1750rd they had 2 left and couldn't match the price of the guy in PA because they were selling for 1,500 more.
he said he can add a 2017 to his order and have it by memorial day and match price , I ordered it sight unseen.
I did get it B4 mm day and appears to be no issues after bringing home and out last weekend for 2 nights.( other then the screws on the heater cover loosened up, a bit of locktight fixed)

Tech and mechanic gave me lots of time, they put on plate for friction sway , and put in my optima 150APH battery with disconnect and swapped out to a 2 5/16 ball.

Hopefully if warranty issues come up they will give me as good service.

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
Old 06-22-2016, 03:24 AM   #7
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto View Post
I called brad up in april for a 2016 1750rd they had 2 left and couldn't match the price of the guy in PA because they were selling for 1,500 more.
he said he can add a 2017 to his order and have it by memorial day and match price , I ordered it sight unseen.
I did get it B4 mm day and appears to be no issues after bringing home and out last weekend for 2 nights.( other then the screws on the heater cover loosened up, a bit of locktight fixed)

Tech and mechanic gave me lots of time, they put on plate for friction sway , and put in my optima 150APH battery with disconnect and swapped out to a 2 5/16 ball.

Hopefully if warranty issues come up they will give me as good service.
Sounds as though you did just fine. Like I said, I've purchased from them before and did very well - just not in 2014.