Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
kd7ptn

Awning damaged

Last weekend we took our springdale 201rdwe out ..
Had a relaxing time, well sort of. Sunday night the light rain turned to snow after sunset. Didn't catch it soon enough and the awning got weighted and began to sag.. I tried to push the war snow off and roll in the awning, when the back arm folded outward and support bar broke allowing the arm to twist around on itself. Long story short I twisted it back and got the awning rolled in and secured.
Now I'm looking for a replacement arm for my 10' awning..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
kd7ptn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Any RV parts store can order the awning support arm. I'd urge you to be sure the roller tube isn't damaged or bent before spending money on an arm. By the time you buy the support arm AND an awning tube, you can probably buy a complete awning and have 'lots of spare parts" ...... Just saying...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
kd7ptn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Any RV parts store can order the awning support arm. I'd urge you to be sure the roller tube isn't damaged or bent before spending money on an arm. By the time you buy the support arm AND an awning tube, you can probably buy a complete awning and have 'lots of spare parts" ...... Just saying...
I have doubled checked and verified the roller, awning, and the arm with the motor is ok..

Old 11-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #4
kd7ptn

I simply do not want to deal with the device counter at camping world, Burlington wa
That guy is a *******
Rude...
Unfriendly...
Last time he Damn near got the **** beat out of him

Old 11-22-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

I know Dometic can ship direct. Not sure your brand. Unfortunately to insure exact replacement, you need the information on the data tag on the arm.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:24 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7ptn View Post
I simply do not want to deal with the device counter at camping world, Burlington wa
That guy is a *******
Rude...
Unfriendly...
Last time he Damn near got the **** beat out of him

How about Dreamchasers RV or Blade RV??? Both are in Burlington. Or alternatively, Poulsbo RV or Country Motorhomes, both are in Mt Vernon...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #7
kd7ptn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
How about Dreamchasers RV or Blade RV??? Both are in Burlington. Or alternatively, Poulsbo RV or Country Motorhomes, both are in Mt Vernon...
Looking through my paperwork, and verified the awning is a carefree longitude..
Looks like I'll be able to order a replacement idler arm assembly from them.. Worse case I'll go to Poulsbo rv, or Paul eggert rv..

Old 11-24-2017, 06:16 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Play out all your options before you commit to buying from Carefree. Shipping on any "outsized" component is done by commercial freight, not UPS or FedEx, so it can get very expensive very quick. More times than not, the crating and shipping can cost more than the actual part. Usually local dealerships have a warehouse that they order from with a regular delivery system that significantly reduces the shipping costs. That often makes buying local a much cheaper option. A number of members have ordered something that's "too long or too wide" for UPS and had to pay outrageous commercial freight charges, so be sure what you're dealing with.

Let us know what you decide to do and the details of your repair. It will help others who may have the same problem in the future. Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-24-2017, 06:24 AM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

We often times get awning arms by UPS. Just gotta open the box and check for damage.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:35 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

I went to the Carefree website and couldn't find individual "Longitude arms" for sale. Only a set of two for $735 plus shipping. There were many "other parts" for sale on the website, just not the individual arms. I'm sure they sell the individual parts, but I couldn't find a way to get a price on just one arm assembly. Anyway, if it will ship UPS, it may be cheaper than local. I mentioned the commercial freight shipping because it has a way of being mentioned after the shipment leaves the warehouse and comes as an unwelcome surprise to unsuspecting "online buyers".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-24-2017, 06:44 AM   #11
chuckster57
Site Team

I agree, I don’t do the ordering, but since we are a smaller shop we notice commercial trucks and UPS as they block things when dropping off. Except for fabric, I believe we order direct.

Tags
awning, damage