Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2019, 04:48 AM   #1
RustySea

In Command Phone App

Has anyone experienced a black screen on there phone with the In Command app? It worked fine for three weeks and then it quit responding. I un paired from system, deleted app from phone and reinstalled. After reinstalling the app it now pops up showing the opening screen and then instantly jumps to black screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
RustySea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:26 AM   #2
ChuckS

I’d try doing a reset of the BCM ... since pairing is successful but no display on app sounds like app isn’t receiving and data via blue tooth

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #3
LHaven

My guess is that this has nothing to do with the inCommand unit in the trailer whatsoever.

If the app is showing a splash screen and then going directly to black screen, without either asking you for the keypad password or telling you that your RV is off-line, the problem is entirely in the phone or app.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:56 AM   #4
RustySea

Yes, correct. Looking for a solution.
RustySea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:08 AM   #5
MarkEHansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
My guess is that this has nothing to do with the inCommand unit in the trailer whatsoever.

If the app is showing a splash screen and then going directly to black screen, without either asking you for the keypad password or telling you that your RV is off-line, the problem is entirely in the phone or app.
Hmmm, it's clear there's a bug in the app, but without knowing the nature of that bug (or bugs) it's hard to tell what the exact trigger is. I don't see any way to rule out the BCM or any trailer-side part of the system.

The app definitely has it's problems. I've not seen the OP's issue, but once my app is connected, if I get out of range and then come back, the app won't work unless I kill and restart it.

Since the OP has removed and re-installed the app, it sure seems like there's something else going on here. Perhaps try resetting the BCM (if that's possible)? A call to ASA/Jensen would also be in order.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:11 AM   #6
GeekSquadOfUn

Just curious.. what phone is that?

An iPhone or an Android. Which version of its OS is it running?

I've noticed some weirdness on my wife's iPhone, but since an upgrade it's been working OK.

My Pixel2 phone has worked flawlessly since day one. But like any other app, it may have a hiccup one in a while...
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:20 AM   #7
slimchancepistolero

when mine was new i tried unistalling and re installing the app on my android s9+ .... nothing worked right .... i called tech support for In Command and they linked me to a website with a different app to download along with instructions ..... the new app identified the system for MY Cougar and set everything up correctly and has worked since then
2010 Passport Ultra Lite Grand Touring 195rb
2019 Ram 1500 Larime Hemi w/eTorque quad cab
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4L Hemi 5th whl prep
slimchancepistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:00 AM   #8
rjsurfer

I had strange issues with both heating and air conditioning with In command system. AC wouldn't come back on after set point was reached, sometimes would not shut off at all. Same with heating.

Then I noticed it only happened when In command software was left running on phone. Usually this was at night when I left it on to adjust AC and heat while in bed.

Interestingly just backing out of the software does not shut it off, I manually had to close the software window out to shut it completely off or go into "settings" then "applications" and select In command and shut it down.

Ron W.
700 watts solar
2000 watt inverter
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote