Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2017, 01:16 PM   #1
CrazyCain

it's the 70's show

Well looking like the temps are gonna be rocking in the 70's this weekend up north at the CG where the DW and I keep the Hideout for the winter..Took a look at the close by State parks and people are piling into those places also..So we're heading north tomorrow to enjoy, maybe the final nice weekend of the year????????????? These parts anyway..what ya'll doing if the weather is nice where your at

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
Eastham

Winterizing while it is nice out and putting rv.to bed before heading to NOKOMIS fl.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:51 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

It's beautiful here in W TX. Hopefully it will stay this way until spring . About 80 today, about 50 at night. We're not really used to this cooler fall weather Winter will be here soon so that will cool us down a little more. As far as this weekend, it's our last preparing to leave for FL for the winter where I intend to fish, eat shrimp, fish, eat grouper, see the grandgirls, eat shrimp, look for manatees, eat my favorite biscuits and gravy, eat oysters......you get the idea
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #4
MarcS

Going up north to the cabin in St Helen, Michigan to get pontoon boat winterized and wrapped for winter. We keep the TT at the cabin as it is centrally located to most of the State Parks we love. So, this weekend we will be winterizing the TT for the falling temps next week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2017, 02:58 PM   #5
B-O-B'03

The DW and I are taking the 3 "kids" to Vegas for the weekend, fly out tomorrow afternoon, Billy Idol show Saturday night, fly home Sunday night.

Looking forward to it.

-Brian
Old 10-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
The DW and I are taking the 3 "kids" to Vegas for the weekend, fly out tomorrow afternoon, Billy Idol show Saturday night, fly home Sunday night.

Looking forward to it.

-Brian

Billy Idol.....is he still alive?? Seems like he was just a young kid lots of years ago....Oh! I'm still here! Well, don't be "dancing with yourself" while listening to "white wedding" and "rebel yell" Hope it's not an open air venue... Have fun.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #7
CrazyCain

Ours is winterized, but use shore power at the CG and bathhouse in East Tawas..

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #8
Bisjoe

We had planned to take a last short trip this weekend, but with a windstorm and unusually hard rain, I’ll be picking up some antifreeze and winterizing instead. I even took tomorrow off from work.

The forecast is for rain all weekend, high 56,possible flooding in the river valleys.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Over the last 3 days I washed, waxed, sealed the roof and winterized our Cougar. It's now tucked away in the pole barn (next to the boat) with the 4 wheelers and the paddle boat stacked where they'll fit. The snowmobiles on their trailer are beside the garage at the house and I'll start getting them ready for winter as it gets cooler and when it's too windy to bow hunt. Sometime during the fall I've got to rake leaves, pick up and store all the "lawn stuff" and put gas in the snow blower, chains on the tractor and get the 3 point snowblower mounted. Other than that, where did summer go ?????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:52 AM   #10
Dave W

We just got back last night from a trip to Gettysburg, PA then Richmond, Va enjoying possibly some of the nicest weather of the year - but it's time to put the 5er to bed for the winter after 74 nights somewhere, either in our long stay summer site or on the road. Clean out today then cleanup (inside and out) and winterizing to follow. Then there are those massive oaks in our yard just waiting to dump their leaves, a car and truck to clean and wax, windows to wash, storm doors to change over (and a new one to install). Then there is that messy garage 'disaster' waiting. The season is done and it was a quick one
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #11
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Billy Idol.....is he still alive?? Seems like he was just a young kid lots of years ago....Oh! I'm still here! Well, don't be "dancing with yourself" while listening to "white wedding" and "rebel yell" Hope it's not an open air venue... Have fun.
LOL, yes, he is still alive and put on a kick*ss show. I wish I had half his energy.

It was at the House of Blues, in the Mandalay Bay.

A fun time, for the whole family, the DW could hardly walk through the airport leaving, from all the dancing

-Brian