Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #1
kksfish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Rincon
Posts: 158
Gulf Shores State Park

Good morning everyone!

Anyone from the group at Gulf Shores this week? Iím on site 84 if anyone is around.....

We arrived yesterday and found the check in process was very quick and efficient! Lots of bike trails... nice level, asphalt paved site with lots of room between rvís.
__________________

kksfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
Dan Lockwood
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: O'Fallon
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by kksfish View Post
Good morning everyone!

Anyone from the group at Gulf Shores this week? Iím on site 84 if anyone is around.....

We arrived yesterday and found the check in process was very quick and efficient! Lots of bike trails... nice level, asphalt paved site with lots of room between rvís.
I'm not familiar with that area, can you give RV park name and address? I'm starting a note book of potential places to stay after I retire at the end of this year.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
__________________

__________________
Dan
2012 Keystone Raptor 395LEV
2012 RAM 3500 CC DRW 6.7 Diesel
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
'88 Cadillac Allante
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:20 PM   #3
notanlines
Senior Member
 
notanlines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 3,560
Dan, this is truly a great place to stay! 600 spaces.
Location
20115 State Highway 135 Gulf Shores, AL 36542
Phone Numbers
General Info: (251) 948-7275 Office (251) 948-7726 Fax
Lodging: (251) 540-4000
Camping: (251) 948-7275
Cabins & Cottages: (251) 923-3900
HOURS
Open Daily
__________________
Jim in Memphis
Wife of 47 years is Brenda
2019 F450 6.7 Powerstroke
2017 Mobile Suites
21K Demco auto-slider
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #4
Jim2366
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Na
Posts: 46
We were just looking at Gulf State Park too. On google maps, the earth view. The RV sites are big and spread out. Then we watched some YouTube videos and it looks nice. I t is good to know that your there, please give more updates about the park and area.

I wish I could retire at the end of the year. My goal is to take a month off.
Jim2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:16 AM   #5
smithfrh
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Jackson
Posts: 25
My wife and I have camped in gulf state park several times and it's always a pleasure.
smithfrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:19 AM   #6
kksfish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Rincon
Posts: 158
Sorry I haven’t been back to answer questions (no wi-fi) but it looks like questions have been answered!
Sites are very spacious.... office/checking open 24x7, good roads in cg, boat ramp , water pressure and taste are good, electric was dependable with no spikes or brownouts almost all sites had some shade,, the only thing missing is the wi-fi.
Don’t forget the bikes as there are lots of trails.
__________________
2017 Ram 3500 CC Cummins
2011 Keystone Laredo 266 RL
kksfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:30 AM   #7
Dan Lockwood
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: O'Fallon
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Dan, this is truly a great place to stay! 600 spaces.
Location
20115 State Highway 135 Gulf Shores, AL 36542
Phone Numbers
General Info: (251) 948-7275 Office (251) 948-7726 Fax
Lodging: (251) 540-4000
Camping: (251) 948-7275
Cabins & Cottages: (251) 923-3900
HOURS
Open Daily
Jim, thanks for the information.

Just a side questions about State Parks. Is it true that "most" will not accommodate a 43' 5er?

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
__________________
Dan
2012 Keystone Raptor 395LEV
2012 RAM 3500 CC DRW 6.7 Diesel
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
'88 Cadillac Allante
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:31 AM   #8
travelin texans
Senior Member
 
travelin texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Picacho Peak Rv Resort
Posts: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lockwood View Post
Jim, thanks for the information.

Just a side questions about State Parks. Is it true that "most" will not accommodate a 43' 5er?

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
This all depends on location!
Gulf Shores it not a problem, others in heavily wooded areas is next to impossible to get a rig that size into.
Be very cautious when making reservations, we found they'll state "yes we have several big rig sites" & they do, the problem is they are usually deep into the park with low hanging limbs & very tight turns bordered by very large rocks or post making getting to them impossible, much less parked into.
When our son lived in Western Washington all the parks we checked out stated they had big rig sites, & most did, which we could barely get to just driving our dually.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Former '13 Redwood FB owner
Currently rvless!
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:06 PM   #9
Cbrez
Senior Member
 
Cbrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by kksfish View Post
Sorry I havenít been back to answer questions (no wi-fi) but it looks like questions have been answered!
Sites are very spacious.... office/checking open 24x7, good roads in cg, boat ramp , water pressure and taste are good, electric was dependable with no spikes or brownouts almost all sites had some shade,, the only thing missing is the wi-fi.
Donít forget the bikes as there are lots of trails.
We have reservations in late April 2020, so very glad to read the positive comments and recommendations. Thanks
__________________

__________________

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×