Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 04:18 PM   #11
sandy43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I'm in a little place called Lamesa, TX. About 60 miles S of Lubbock, 55 miles N of Midland and about 2 1/2 hours from Abilene. My work involved a lot of travel through all those places and loved overnites in Lubbock and Abilene.
Very familiar with Lamesa. My uncle farms cotton in Ropesville. My daughter went to TT. Abilene is where all my grand children live. Possibly some day we might meet up.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:29 AM   #12
Howie

We love ours as it is the second RV that we have had them. The last one suffered a broken window due to the idiot driving the tow vehicle. Really simple repair, tech measured window, had it cut and installed in minutes. We really like the way they open as you don't have to worry if it rains and they are left open.

Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #13
ChrisM

I like look of Frameless windows however I've read many times they are more prone to leaks or other failures. Also that dual-pane frameless have a higher failure rate due to the weight of the outer-glass hanging by the seal to the inner-glass and shear force over time causes a problem. Lastly that a cracked glass pane requires replacing the whole window in many cases. None of these are my personal experience just what I've read but they seemed to make sense to me.
ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:41 PM   #14
sgrol

Have em, like em and Gig 'em.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #15
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy43 View Post
I've read on this forum most everything on frameless windows. My question is: What do the tech people as well as those that have them think about this type of window? Are they easily replaced if broken? Are they more expensive than the standard type? Any and all comments about this type of window is greatly appreciated. My new RV has these and I'm trying really hard to like them. But......
Well, here's my take. At first I liked them. On our first TT almost every window was a frameless. We spent a very hot summer where we could not run the a/c. The frameless windows did not open up very wide and very little breeze came in. So at that point I didn't like them. Only had that TT about 6 months. We switched to a 5er and most the windows open slid vertically or horizontally. We now have much better ventilation. But then we moved through Texas and other Southern states during high heat, high humidity, and heavy rain. Emphasis on heavy rain. Guess what. The frameless windows do not let rain in, the sliders do ... All the sliders have to be closed for the rain. Now I miss the frameless. I guess that's a long way of saying, each has its benefits and draw backs...
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:20 PM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec557 View Post
Well, here's my take. At first I liked them. On our first TT almost every window was a frameless. We spent a very hot summer where we could not run the a/c. The frameless windows did not open up very wide and very little breeze came in. So at that point I didn't like them. Only had that TT about 6 months. We switched to a 5er and most the windows open slid vertically or horizontally. We now have much better ventilation. But then we moved through Texas and other Southern states during high heat, high humidity, and heavy rain. Emphasis on heavy rain. Guess what. The frameless windows do not let rain in, the sliders do ... All the sliders have to be closed for the rain. Now I miss the frameless. I guess that's a long way of saying, each has its benefits and draw backs...

You are spot on. I used to have the "sliding" windows. More air flow but no way was I going to leave and leave them open in any kind of iffy weather; frameless? Leave them open all the time with no worries. For us, the frameless offers us better options than the regular slide windows....if there are issues I can turn the fan or AC on....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #17
babaloo

Frameless Windows

Mornin...When I bought our 2018 Keystone Cougar, 29rkswe, the model came in 2 diferent styles. One was a newer 20th anniversary model with several 'upgrades', from the earlier 2018 models of same 5er. The 2oth anniversary edition had non-frameless windows, i.e. standard rubber gasquet. The salesmen told us Keystone had gone back to the non-frameless windows because the frameless ones broke easier and only opened a small amount, and sometimes pop-out !.
Anyway, that is what we we're told, and are happy with our framed windows which will open to any desired amount. Visually, the frameless windows, with their raw glass edge, seem a bit vulnerable to me....just my thoughts.
babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #18
Theoldroaddog

I have a Impact 361 which has the frameless windows. I have broken a window, took it out and contacted the window manufacturer for a replacement. It would cost $400.00 plus shipping. Also would take 4 weeks. I took the broken window to a local glass shop. Since the frame was not bent they were able to replace it. Cost was $225.00 and I had it back on the trailer in three days.

Theoldroaddog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows