Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2023, 01:30 PM   #1
Pinkcookies26

Winterizing 189RB

Does anyone know where the water heater bypass valve is on this model? I’ve taken the panel off under the drawer by the bed and the panel right inside the pass through storage but cannot seem to locate it. Any info will help. Thanks.
Pinkcookies26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 04:37 PM   #2
JayTees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkcookies26 View Post
Does anyone know where the water heater bypass valve is on this model? I’ve taken the panel off under the drawer by the bed and the panel right inside the pass through storage but cannot seem to locate it. Any info will help. Thanks.

I don't know how different your 189RB is from my 197RB, but do you have panels under the sink? My pump is under the left hand side 'night table' and did not come with an installed 'T' for winterizing. There are two panels under the sink, the right one held in with screws and the water heater, and bypasses, are back there.

I'll got take a picture shortly.

John

2017 Ford F150 2.7L Dual Turbo EcoBoost
2020 Keystone Passport 197RB
JayTees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 04:55 PM   #3
JayTees

So, your floorplan is a little different than mine, with a pullout and the kitchen is on the opposite side. This is my setup:

Double doors under the sink.

Panels under the storage area.

Water heater and shut-offs behind the panels

And this is my pump, same side as my kitchen/left hand side of the trailer, under the night stand.

Your mileage may vary!

John

2017 Ford F150 2.7L Dual Turbo EcoBoost
2020 Keystone Passport 197RB
JayTees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:50 AM   #4
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

A silly question can you see the back of the HW tank when you remove those panels? If so, the shut off should to be in that location...there might only be one shut off on the cold line coming in...it's more of a bypass valve you turn up so no water enters the tank. I guess its possibly a factory miss...it's like they bypassed installing one Could be you found them already and didn't report back thanking the member
I like the easy access panels in your RV @3, you loose a little storage but so what. My HW tank is under a closet where I can't see it and just reach it...the water pump is in a deep shoe box beside the bed
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 02:49 PM   #5
Pinkcookies26

Thank you for the reply. Yes, my setup is a little different than yours and under my sink and cabinets is nothing but storage. I found the water heater through one of the panels beside the bed but I cannot see anything other than it. I’m gonna give Keystone a call and see if they can help.
Pinkcookies26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 03:25 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Here's a link to a 189rb;

At the 1:52 mark there is a picture of the convenience center. On the right side there appears to be a panel. Is that panel removable to give access to the water heater?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 04:04 AM   #7
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

I watched that video for fun, that location makes perfect sense and I did see a screw in that fancy panel on the right But she said that was checked though? Sometimes like mine, it's hard to see a valve so you have to reach in follow the pipe and feel for the valve and turn it usually 1/4 turn. Nothing in your manual...most of the newer models have one valve at the back of the HW tank I'd guess. I do like that setup with the hose coming up through the bottom I think. Funny my 2018 has a lot of the same hardware as in the 2022...your oven knobs are nicer Thanks for the video
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterizing