Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
gbsb

carpet cleaning

What do you use to clean carpets in a fifth wheel? I spot clean with Reslove. We have a Fuzion 383. Thanks in advance
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
planecrazy

Smile carpet

Hi

I would also like to know what is best. We have a brand new trailer & i hate to see the carpet getting gringy. All i know is that you are not supposed to get it really wet..... i assume be carefully how you clean it!!! It may look awfull but i am considering putting the plastic on it to preserve it.

Let me know what you find out please & thanks!!!

Donna
planecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

I have used my home carpet cleaner once a year on our trailers since '94 with no problems. We leave windows and vents open till dry just like home. Most of the carpeted area in your trailer has vinyl floor covering under it so some moisture will not hurt. Just like the cleaning products warn "Test a small area first" , Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
jq1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsb View Post
What do you use to clean carpets in a fifth wheel? I spot clean with Reslove. We have a Fuzion 383. Thanks in advance
Be very careful with Resolve, it has a tendency to "spot bleach" your carpet. Looks good initially but as the carpet gets older the bleach effect becomes apparent & it looks like a animal was marking it's territory. We learned the hard way in our former home.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:10 AM   #5
therink

X2 what Hankpage said. At least once a year I rent and use Rug Doctor extraction machine to clean all carpet and upholstery. These can be rented at any big box home store for about $30. I use the Zep extraction shampoo.
It amazes me how much dirt, sand etc these machines remove from the carpeting. When shampooing, I just make sure I don't over use the water so it doesn't soak through to the sub floor.
Makes everything look and smell new again.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote