Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #1
Dan Lockwood

RV Salvage Yard?

Good morning.

If I were looking to get some parts for a car or truck, there are MANY salvage yards across this great land. BUT if I were to try to purchase say, a medicine cabinet extra, or some other used item, are there any salvage yards that deal in RV's?

I have a '12 Raptor and I'm looking to get a couple medicine cabinets for the half bath in the garage and I'm sure that Keystone doesn't have anything today that would come close, or within a price range worth looking at.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has had any experience with any yards?

Thanks in advance, and have a great Sunday!
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:05 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

quick search by google revealed this:
https://colawrvsalvage.com/

Im sure there are others

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:23 AM   #3
Dan Lockwood

Chuck, thanks.

I apologize that I did not look or Google before posting my question.

My thought was that maybe someone had a relationship with a salvage yard, used one in particular.

Yes, I see they're right here in MO in Carthage. They LOOK very large, so I'll call them tomorrow and see what they might have. It may be worth a drive down to take a look at some things.

Thanks for your quick reply and have a great day!
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:27 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Hope you find what your looking for. I'm out on the West Coast and we have a couple large yards down south, but I would think the shipping would negate any savings. You have a great Sunday also!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:00 AM   #5
mtofell

I seem to remember reading previously that a lot of trailers are just torn apart rather than being put in a yard like cars. I guess it just doesn't pay to store them and try to salvage parts. I imagine anything useful would be pulled before they are destroyed.

Class A coaches are a different story. Here is a cool video about a huge yard where a lot of them end up:
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote