Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2019, 03:14 AM   #41
Roscommon48

oregon duck why don't you create a new thread, you might get more comments about your pullrite question.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:28 AM   #42
jsmith948

You can't make a 90 degree turn with a short box truck and a fifth wheel - period. Simple rule of physics..."two objects of mass cannot occupy the same space at the same time".

Measure the distance from the center of your king pin to the edge of your trailer - it will be 48" (more if your trailer is a wide body model). Now, measure the distance from the center of your fifth wheel hitch jaws to the back of your cab - it will be less than 48".

When I installed our Reese hitch, the manual called for the center line of the king pin to be indexed 2 5/16" forward of the centerline of the rear axle. I don't remember the measurement from the centerline of the pin to the back of the cab - but, it's way less then 48". I don't have to slide the hitch very often - but I'm glad I have it when I need it.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:55 AM   #43
OregonDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscommon48 View Post
oregon duck why don't you create a new thread, you might get more comments about your pullrite question.
Good point; can do!
OregonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:20 PM   #44
falcondan95705

Had 2017 ram megacab with Anderson ultimate. New montana 2015. Cab and trailer met blasting out window and debuting cab. Anderson said they'd help, the nothing! Just crickets.. if u dont want to think about it, get a pull rite or the other auto slider..
falcondan95705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:01 PM   #45
Randallf

Fords don't come with a 6.5 bed. My 2016 silverado has a 6.5 bed and i use a slider hitch and it works great. lots of clearance when i back in my driveway and its is a true 90 degree turn.
My problem is i have a folding tonneau cover that gets hit with the bottom of the fifthwheel
I was told that the pull rite is set at the highest it can go.
So i guess i have to remove it whwen i travel with the fithwheel
randall
Randallf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:05 PM   #46
Randallf

Not true, you havea 10 degree on each side to get connected.
I been there and had no trouble hooking up.
Randallf
2017 sprinter 34.6'
Randallf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:47 AM   #47
Mic

exactly....

"Now with our 2018 Hideout it appears that the pin is much further forward so it's less likely the Hideout and the truck will make contact. However, I always use the slider when hitching because when the hitch is in the forward position the open tailgate will hit the camper before the pin is in the hitch. If the hitch is forward I need to remember to back up the truck to get the tailgate past the pin, get out and close the tailgate, then proceed with hooking up. Should I have to adjust or pull forwarded I need to keep opening and closing the tailgate to avoid damaging the truck or the fifth wheel. In my experience it's easier to just slide my hitch in the back maneuvering position and only close the tailgate once when the process is finished. I then slide the hitch into the towing position and I am on the road. Once I get to the destination I can slide it to the back, unhitch and no worries

Tags
fifth wheel, hitch