Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2019, 12:15 PM   #1
jbrosecity

daily digest?

I am subscribed to the same forum system for Forest River for our Class R MH and every day I get an email like this "FRF Daily - xx New Topics" with links on feedproxy.google.com

As I recall it began right when I originally subscribed... I cannot find anywhere in that forum or in this one for Keystone where I can modify my preferences for this. The email itself has an unsubscribe link at the bottom like this:
https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailunsubscribe

but nowhere do I see where I would subscribe again, and likewise I cannot find it in this forum. Does this forum sedn out a daily digest like the one for FR?
www.Wind-seeker.com
jbrosecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
Janet H
Site Team

Check your settings here: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...do=editoptions

Specifically look at the messaging and notification section.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #3
jbrosecity

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Check your settings here: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...do=editoptions
Specifically look at the messaging and notification section.
Thanks for the reply Jnaet but I had seen that options page and mine shows no option for a daily digest at all - there are 4 categories:

LOGIN & PRIVACY
MESSAGING & NOTIFICATION
DATE & TIME OPTIONS
MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONS

none of them show anything resembling a daily digest option... the closest thing is this:
Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

And I have selected "daily email notification" and that is being ignored. I get instant notifications. Again no mention of a digest mode.

I feel like I am missing something obvious
www.Wind-seeker.com
Old 08-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #4
Janet H
Site Team

You can set the notification times here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	digest.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	23145

The recent topics feed at Forest river forum is a little different thing and not set up at the site because we have a newsletter that goes out every few days.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Old 08-09-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
jbrosecity

I see... Well the Forest River Forum has a news letter also but still sends me daily emails like this:

FRF Daily - 17 New Topics
Water Tank Collapse - 19 DX3 37TS
Raining In 2018 2703
-------------
Water Tank Collapse - 19 DX3 37TS
Posted: 09 Aug 2019 05:47 AM PDT
Filed Under: Dynamax

Raining In 2018 2703
Posted: 09 Aug 2019 02:29 AM PDT
Filed Under: Rockwood

That's a nice feature... there are anywhere from 10 to 25 posts or so in this email every day. As for the frequency notifications that is on for actual subscribed threads notifications. This daily digest is entirely different and has nothing to do with threads I may or may not be subscribed to. I think it invites a lot more participation.
www.Wind-seeker.com
Old 08-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Joe,

I don't think that feature is available on this forum, at least I've never seen it. Whether it's an additional software feature that's not supported or if it may be a decision of the forum owner in his negotiations with vBulletin, the software on which the forum runs.

At any rate, I've never seen any means to turn on that type of feature on this forum. There is, however, on the right side of each forum page, a "pull-down block" that's titled "RECENT THREADS" that provides essentially the same information as the email you receive. While it's not "delivered to you" it is "available to you"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:58 PM   #7
Janet H
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Joe,

I don't think that feature is available on this forum, at least I've never seen it.
It's not. The daily digest from FRF is a special add-in there that is not supported here at Keystone forums.