Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
WGSNewnan

Breakers and Storage

I typically unhook the battery etc when i put my unit up for storage each year. This year I decided to keep it powered up and was wondering - do i keep the breakers on inside or do i shut them off. im looking to keep the battery charged year long.
do they have to be on for the converter to charge the battery?

basically - is the converter on a breaker? none of mine are labeled.
WGSNewnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

No idea what kind of trailer or what equipment it might have in it. No idea whether you have an "INVERTER" or a "CONVERTER" or both, (inverter for a residential refrigerator<with/without a charge capability> and converter for 12 volt power and house battery charging capability).

There "used to be" one battery and if you had a charger it had a single purpose... Today's RV's might a single "old fashioned battery system" or might have multiple battery systems to provide 12 VDC to the coach systems and another battery system to provide 120 VAC to a residential refrigerator...

Depending on what you have, the "switchology" of what to leave on, what to turn off, what circuit breakers to leave on and/or whether it's easier and more reliable to pull all the batteries, unplug the RV and store the batteries in the basement or garage for the winter.

More information about what trailer and what systems you have will help "zero in" on recommendations for winter storage.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
WGSNewnan

2017 keystone hideout 212lhs
Old 09-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #4
WGSNewnan

figured it out. thanks.

Tags