Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
steamboatscott

Built-in Passport/Bullet sewer hose storage

Who has fit an actual sewer hose inside the tiny 24” storage tube that comes stock on Bullet / Passport models? I haven’t found any that will fit, especially with the elbow arm.

On a side note, do I really need to carry a hose? Dump station at my storage lot has one constantly hooked up. Is this not common?
steamboatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Not on my Impact either. I keep my extension only in there.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:37 AM   #3
JSquared

I bought the Rhinoflex 20’ sewerkit and everything but the elbow fits in my rear bumper. I had to sort of turn the caps to fit but nothing was forced in. I would think you’d want to dump before you leave camp if you can and not carry the extra weight.

2016 Bullet 287QBS
2017 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Duramax
JSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:44 AM   #4
GHen

I have never seen a dump hose for everyone to use at a dump station. I always carry one, even though I have a macerator pump with the 1.5” hose. Someday that pump might not work.
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #5
Northofu1

My 20' Rhino flex fits in bumper sans elbow

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
steamboatscott

To clarify, this is NOT the full camper width bumper, but the ~24" long sleeve in certain Passport/Bullets that runs from the back of camper forward.
steamboatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #7
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboatscott View Post
Who has fit an actual sewer hose inside the tiny 24” storage tube that comes stock on Bullet / Passport models? I haven’t found any that will fit, especially with the elbow arm.

On a side note, do I really need to carry a hose? Dump station at my storage lot has one constantly hooked up. Is this not common?
Never seen/heard of a rv with only 2' of sewer hose storage, that's totally worthless! Are you sure it didn't come with a hose that's slid down into the tube?.
As to hauling your own hose, HELL YEA! I don't like having to deal with our crap (pun intended) & sure don't want to use a hose full of someone else's. That's totally gross! Plus I've NEVER been to a dump station that was already equipped with a hose.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #8
trawlings

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboatscott View Post
To clarify, this is NOT the full camper width bumper, but the ~24" long sleeve in certain Passport/Bullets that runs from the back of camper forward.

I have the same problem.. I was looking for a Rhinoflex and realized that there is only 24" or in total 29"
trawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:33 PM   #9
Canonman

I think you need something like the "Super Tube". Here's a video from Fit RV. James is an actual rocket scientist and rv blogger. Have a look, might just be the ticket
https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/bes...he-super-tube/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5040 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	17606  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #10
trawlings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
I think you need something like the "Super Tube". Here's a video from Fit RV. James is an actual rocket scientist and rv blogger. Have a look, might just be the ticket
https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/bes...he-super-tube/
Thanks, I have looked at them however on the Passport 195RB that I have, I can't find 56" of clear space on the frame to mount it... ugh
Old 07-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #11
Canonman

That's a bummer. I've seen folks mount a similar set up side to side under the front storage area. Also, just in front of the wheels, again side to side.
Our daughter's family Passport has a rear bumper that's big enough for the stinky slinky.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:04 AM   #12
Goose

My Passport has the small storage tube under the rear, drivers side of my rig. I have a Rhino 15’ hose and it doesn’t fit. I just keep mine in a storage bin/trash bag and store it in the front trailer storage. Works well for me.

I just want to go camping.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 04:12 AM   #13
Bontz

I just throw my Rhino Flex hose and the drain attachment in a small flat tote container, and then store it in my front pass through storage area. The tote is probably 18" x 24" x 6" so it fits just fine ... and with the snap cover it's not going to "permeate" throughout the storage compartment.
Bontz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #14
Cracker

Fiberglass Fence Post Storage

I can’t take credit for this design as I copied it from someone else - but it sure works great! Note that it piggybacks on the old bumper - which is all but useless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10D9DC9C-51E5-4AFA-A713-D388ADA78C35.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	17709   Click image for larger version

Name:	9F2051F3-2EA9-49DB-81AA-B49BAA8639C0.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	17710  
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #15
Cracker

Note that the slideout drawer is a standard fiberglass rain gutter.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:41 PM   #16
KSH

You have a material list and a few more details about that?
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:28 AM   #17
Cracker

It’s just a standard 8’ long, 5” square fiberglass fence post, with a fiberglass rain gutter for the slide out - probably a stock 10’ long piece. The end pieces are cut from a 1/2” thick plastic cutting board that you can buy at Walmart. I’ve used these cutting boards for dozens of projects. I used locking hasps - but any kind of hasp that you could secure in a closed position would be OK. I used 1 1/4” diameter dowels for the end handles and separators. Just be careful to keep the attachment screws short and clear of the slideout. I provided a door on each end although access will generally be from dump side of the trailer. The last thing is to drill a few holes in the bottom side of the fence post for drainage. If you drill the holes right in the center the gutter will provide sort of a bug stop while still allowing for drainage. I used oak cleats to attach the fence post to the old bumper with all-thread rod. The middle “separator” was needed due to the support bolts holding the spare tire bracket. I considered using a piece of aluminum angle but I had the oak in my shop and the rest is history! You could simplify things a bit by eliminating the doors - but that would turn it into a great critter house.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:39 AM   #18
trawlings

Thank you all for the input. I ultimately order a 20 ft Rhinoflex (2 x 10 feet) sewer hose kit and added a 45' transparent adapter.

I bought a bin at Walmart that will fit inside my pass thru (and has snap locks for mold and mildew resistance but mostly to contain the potential smell) and it will have my hoses (the active use one will be contained in a garbage to protect it from leaking), gloves, and tank treatment tablets all in one convenient container.

I realize that this is not ideal for drying and drainage but the next step will be to figure out how to secure a tube underneath the trailer as I do not have a rear bumper on my Passport 195RB. That will be a fall project before the trailer get stored away for the winter.

Tim

Tags
bullet, passport, storage