Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2018, 06:18 AM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

I just shimmed the doors on a 2118 yesterday in a Bighorn. Watched. The fridge go from 44 to 33.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:50 PM   #22
mcomeaux

Norcold 1210T

I have a Norcold 1210T in a 2017 Fuzion not that if it matters.
The problem I'm having is temp in fridge is 48-50 and the freezer is a artic blast cold. I've replaced the thermositor in fridge changed the fan thermostat outside and still no help any answers would be appreciated. In southern Arizona with little to no help out here...

Regards Mike
Old 05-17-2019, 05:07 AM   #23
Mroe67

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorskeBob View Post
I downloaded the service manual - it is to big of a file to post - I will PM you.

Did you take the outside upper cover off and look any obstructions that would impact the air flow up the back of the unit?

I have the same unit in ours - no problem with cooling. Gaps are the same on the fins - sealed them with aluminum tape that is used on metal HVAC ductwork.

Info from manuf:
Hello Bob,
This is the way they are suppose to look.

Thank you,
Amanda Douglas
Customer Service Representative
Thetford Corp. / Norcold Inc.
[email protected]

Hello Bob,
I know it look funny but it is sealed and it is how they all look. Rest easy your refrigerator is fine.

Thank you,
Amanda Douglas
Customer Service Representative
Thetford Corp. / Norcold Inc.
[email protected]

You said you finally found and downloaded the service manual. Can you please share the link?
Mroe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #24
Showard

I have been set on 9 and no luck cooking down ours. We are at 40 in the refrigerator and 12 in the freezer. Where is everyone placing their thermistor
Showard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:02 AM   #25
xrated

I have a 2118 in my G.D. Momentum and according to the owner's manual that came with mine, the thermistor is supposed to be on the second fin from the right...NOT the last fin, and the top of the clip of the thermistor should be 1/2" down from the top of the fin.....which is where mine was from the factory. I did the door/flapper mod too...except that instead of shimming the door up just a bit, I took the flapper off and used some 80 grit sandpaper and honed the bottom of the flapper at a slight angle to allow the flapper to close without hitting the bottom of the refrigerator inside when it closes. I went from #8 down to number 4 on the settings and the temperature inside the refrig was 33 degrees......and that was during a camping trip with outside temps in the mid 90's outside and absolutely zero shade on the refrigerator side of the camper.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:40 AM   #26
fatcatzzz

I had the cooling unit on my Norcold 2118 replaced over a year ago. Replaced it with an Amish cooling unit. The difference between the original and the Amish unit is like night and day. First the burner tube goes from about 20' to 60". Then the number of cooling coils is about three times as many. Cooling is far greater with the Amish unit. I have been in temps well over 100 deg. and still have hard frozen ice cream. The Norcold refer is not a bad refer, but the cooling unit has something to be desired.
https://rvcoolingunit.com/
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:54 AM   #27
mcomeaux

I posted my concerns regarding my norcold in prior post. I did the conversion to Amish and has worked better than ever. Side by side when my old system was removed you can see a substantial difference and quality. The Amish seen a need and filled it. The tubing alone is much thicker and more fins. When I was in Arizona last winter I seen 2 rv's get converted and no more problems. I waited till I got home and in hind site should have had it done down there. Would have relieved a lot of frustration and wasted food.