Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #1
Buff

335cg

Sold our Rubicon 2100. Needed more room. Looking at the 335cg and trying to figure out the differences between the 2018 and 2019 models. Any info?

Also, not sure I'm completely sold on the swiveling TV. Looks like an avenue to get mosquitos into the camper. Thoughts on this feature?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:15 AM   #2
rush2112

Is there a 2019 model? 2018 335cg just became available a few months ago.

Since the only times we've used all so far have been in Colder Weather not sure I can tell you that bugs will get in from the TV area or not. I do like having that larger TV outside though. We had looked at the 324cg but really like the 335 better overall based on the TV and outdoor kitchen. If you need more garage space than a 324 is a little wider.

What will you be putting in the back? I will tell you front to back it's about a hundred and two in. There are a few motorcycles out there that are longer than that.

The other things I'm disappointed on the 335 is the fact that there is no storage underneath the dinette. This is the first camper I've ever had that did not have storage under the dinette. Also the position for the TV in the bedroom is not great at all. Wife wishes we would have gone with 3:24 so we would have had king-size in the bedroom and better TV placement for night time. Plus the island in the 335 really takes up a lot of floor space. Feels more cramped than the 324.
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
Buff

We would use the garage to transport BBQ cookers for contests. Been a few years since we've competed but I'd like to keep that option open. I've not paid attention to the TV placement in the bedroom. Not sure that she has noticed it.

Kind of silly to not have storage under the dinette seats I agree. We liked the island. Our old camper I used a table inside to be a catchall for items as well as be the coffee bar etc. A dresser we kept under the TV also was another place to set things. I want a table I can sit at whenever I want which the Rubicon didn't give us. We want a bed you can easily get into and out of. Both the 324 and 335 give us that but the sleeping arrangements in the garage of the 324 won't do for teenagers.

I like the outdoor kitchen, I use another table outside with a campstove on it for frying bacon etc. The outdoor kitchen helps with setup and tear down and adds some extra features we'll like.

I've never wanted to sit outside and watch TV while camping but probably would if I could.....maybe, especially in the fall.

I've seen 2019 listed for some brands. I've seen pictures online of 335s with the swivel and some with just the TV on the kitchen side and a solid wall from the garage view, has be a model year difference I'm guessing but can't find online descriptions of differences.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:59 PM   #4
rush2112

Mine swivels.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
PatJ

We just purchased a 2018 model last month. Our dinette has full storage. Try pulling the backs off the benches then lift from the seat fold. My husband plans to make a heavy final cover with snaps to go over the swivel TV area inside to keep out bugs. We don't think the island takes away floor space. Very happy with our new rig!
PatJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
rush2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJ View Post
We just purchased a 2018 model last month. Our dinette has full storage. Try pulling the backs off the benches then lift from the seat fold. My husband plans to make a heavy final cover with snaps to go over the swivel TV area inside to keep out bugs. We don't think the island takes away floor space. Very happy with our new rig!
Thanks for the info on the dinette. Go figure, the dealer didn't know that, and the Keystone Rep didn't know that. Heck, whoever PDI'd the camper should have looked as that's where they ship the fire extinguisher, fire alarm, books, and remotes. The dealer was scratching their head and had to order remotes, and gave me the other items from another camper.... Lucky me I have duplicates....
Old 06-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #7
Buff

Just purchased a 2019 335cg. The TV does not swivel (mounted in the outside kitchen). Other difference we saw was a prewired backup camera housing and the microwave is moved from the island. to the wall next to the stove. Lost one cabinet space, gained drawers and a paper towel holder under the microwave. Looking forward to taking her out soon.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:16 AM   #8
RoadGlideR6G

Great info everyone. This is really helping us decide on our next trailer. We currently have a 2015 Grey Wolf Limited. We bought it a year and a half ago just to see how we would like RVing. We figured out that we are ready to do a lot of traveling but there are a lot of things we don't like about our current rig. Now we are ready to upgrade. I really like everything about the 335CG over everything else we've looked at. Thanks for sharing.
RoadGlideR6G is offline   Reply With Quote