Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2017, 07:03 AM   #1
reddog7571

Rear view camera

Does anyone know how to hookup a rearview camera to your vehicles navigation screen in your vehicle?
reddog7571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Depending on camera brand and vehicle, I have heard of modules that will receive wireless signal from camera and display on nav screen through an aux input. IIRC Furrion makes one. Sorry I don't have a link right now (using my phone).

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

You don't say what tow vehicle you own, so it's impossible to give you any information on OEM rear view systems. Each of the manufacturers, Ford, GM and RAM use a different type of computer system, video system and camera system. There are "unlock devices" available for most types, but that will depend on what you're trying to do and which vehicle and which video options are installed in your tow vehicle.

New model trucks from all the manufacturers have increased connectivity, but even as recent as the 2015/2016 Fords, you'll have to buy an "unlock device" to connect any trailer camera into the truck's video screen.

It's possible, with enough money and time, to do what you're asking, but without more information, the "how and what" you would need is very different.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog7571 View Post
Does anyone know how to hookup a rearview camera to your vehicles navigation screen in your vehicle?
Maybe I am not following you, most newer vehicles at least that I have seen with a navigation screen also had a factory installed rear camera on the truck. These Nav systems have at least one video i to support a camera video out (wired or wireless). Are you wanting to add a second camera and have both cameras active (one or the other but not both). Then you would need a device to switch video inputs to the NAV monitor. My simple Good Sam GPS has a video input jack for a camera. So My guess if you have a recent NAV system I would think it has a video in connection.

If you have no camera on the truck now could be as easy as getting a video cable to go from the NAV monitor to your video source. I hope I am understanding your question. As others have said need to find out what NAV system you have
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:58 AM   #5
B-O-B'03

You can buy an after market adapter, to add video inputs to the factory systems.

Since, as pointed out by others, you did not mention your vehicle, it is hard to tell you which adapter will work for you..

You can start looking here if your vehicle was made by one of the big 3.

They are not cheap though.

-Brian