Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2015, 03:31 AM   #1
6Berts

2014 Sprinter 343FWBHS

We just picked up a used 2014 Sprinter 343FWBHS and have a couple questions. I've been trying to figure a few things out.

Where is the hot water bypass located? The water heater is located below the kitchen sink but I didn't see any valves for the bypass. I'll admit I haven't removed all the panels to get into it yet.

The outdoor shower connection is seized up and won't let the quick connect hose push in. I tried tapping a screwdriver in like the tag states but it still doesn't release. Any thoughts?

Has anyone replace the roof vents with Maxxair units? If so where did you get the power from?

Thanks
6Berts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:05 AM   #2
brittsnbirds

I have a 2014 269FWRLS. The hot water heater is behind the panel under the sink. Unscrew 6 (?) screws and wiggle the panel out. They are right there with the heater.

My outdoor shower connection was stuck as well. Be sure all the pressure is off the line. Take your phillips head screw driver and a BIGGER hammer and whack it good. Maybe not too hard the first time but it does take a pretty good lick to pop it loose. Once it is loose it doesn't take as much umph to get it next time. Usually have to hit it once a year.

Have not attempted the Max Air upgrade but will wait for a reply to see what the verdict is!!

Have a question for you. Do you have the funky little TV antennae that is a short fixed unit ? Has 2 wings on it and doesn't work worth a crap. I have talked to my dealer, other dealers, and other campers but no good ideas. My old TT had a crank up antennae. I installed the additional bat wing thingy for the HD and it worked great. But this thing is really bad!! Have looked at the satellite but way to $$ for my use. Also looked at the Winegard automatic antennae that finds the signal for you but have seen mixed reviews. My only other option is to pull this little funky unit and put a crank up in its place but its just in kitchen area which is the highest part of the ceiling.
brittsnbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:51 AM   #3
6Berts

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into both. I do have the water on to the camper from my house since we are cleaning it up since we brought it home. Maybe there is too much pressure on the outdoor connection.

I tried the TV real quick the other day just to see what channels would come in. After going through a few channels I gave up. Ours has the short antennae on the roof that is fixed. We are coming from a TT that didn't have a TV in it. I'm not much help on that part.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:45 AM   #4
brittsnbirds

Antennae

Have the same problem driveway camping with current antennae. However after purchasing a FlatWave Amplified Razor-Thin HDTV Indoor Antenna from WalMart last year during World Series I was able to get channel that I needed to watch it while in the Missouri Ozarks. Very directional but it worked. When I got home tuned the TV and was able to get 34 Channels. Better than zero!

Downside is you have to move it around in the trailer to find the signal. I just bend it (pliable) and put in a window run cable up around the cabinets.

You said you had a TT. We did too and are so glad we upgraded, the 5th wheel pulls much better than the TT.

FYI had to call my dealer yesterday as the DVD player quit working on the Linear. Be sure to use it and make sure it works. Have heard they are not the best unit in the world.

Have fun!!
brittsnbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:00 PM   #5
Hometown

Hope you get the bugs worked out on your new unit it looks like a great floorplan. I did 2 Maxxair vents in my 2008 Cougar pretty straightfoward install and usually there is a light close to the vents. Mine each had one really close to get power from I did one in the bedroom in the back and the other in the front bunk area. Really glad I did the vents they are great and really quiet. They give each area a lot of airflow . There are a few sites on the internet showing the install process a really good one is from Toyhaulers adventures .com go to the site and search Maxxair and it should come up , several pictures with detailed steps.
Hometown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #6
PerryB

I occasionally disassemble my outside shower connections and clean the detent balls and lube them. They stick because the balls get rusty, not because the seat is sticking. I prefer not to hit flimsy plastic fittings. To take it apart just remove the snap ring in the front.
PerryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:11 PM   #7
6Berts

Next item how do you add bleach to the fresh water tank? The camper fresh water fill is a hose fitting. My old TT had an open fitting you could dump the solution in. Thanks
Old 05-21-2015, 04:30 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Berts View Post
Next item how do you add bleach to the fresh water tank? The camper fresh water fill is a hose fitting. My old TT had an open fitting you could dump the solution in. Thanks

Several members have suggested just using a funnel and filling the hose with bleach, then connecting it to the fill port and turning on the water.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote