Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
orvlin

2014 Cougar 327 res

bought this brand new this last winter turned on the air and its not cooling down one in the bedroom we had installed works fantastic any ideas on the other one its just blowing and compressor is not kicking on.
orvlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
Javi

Make sure the thermostat is set to auto and cool.. and check the breaker in the distribution panel.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:02 PM   #3
orvlin

Thanks something is not right doesn't sound like the compressor is kicking in and its not cooling
orvlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:19 AM   #4
byrdr1

I reworked mine over the last few weeks. I opened up the main Ac and found all the silver lining tape was gone. I had been finding it(bits and pieces) in the vents so this was allowing the air to go up into the ceiling. I found the vent that is at the highest point was blocked by a big piece of this silver tape. I bought a roll of silver metal real duct tape(not duck tape). I reworked the main unit and went and did each vent hole with this tape making sure nothing was open to any air gaps around the vent and ceiling areas. Seems to work better but we haven't had the heat yet. Just a thought.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote