Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
FlyingBelle

Keystone Bullet 298BHS on order!

Hey there -
Placed our order for the Keystone Bullet a few weeks ago - expect it to be delivered in March/April.

Been a camper most of my life - my folks had a variety of campers (5th wheel, motorhomes), and was primarily a tent camper in my adult life. Since having kids, we "upgraded" to a 1975 pop-up, which we recently sold and are now anxiously awaiting our "cabin on wheels"!

This is our first time with a travel trailer, so looking for information on what a newbie should watch out for, great tips, etc.

My husband and I have been married almost 9 years, and we have 2 kids, a 5 year old daughter and a 20 month old son. We live in the Chicagoland area, so we're looking to camp mostly in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, and Illinois - but open to other opportunities.
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Scottinvt

You will love the keystone line !!
Scottinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

FlyingBelle & Family -
to the Keystone family. You've come to right place to find out more about your new TT. Take some time to check through the various forums and use our search feature to help you with specific topics which interest you. While you are waiting for the TT to arrive, don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have. Just select the appropriate forum in which to post and ask away.

There is a pre-delivery inspection checklist available for you as well. Simply go to the Keystone Questions section and look for the sticky "Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist". This is a valuable tool- easy and free to download - to take with you when you do your initial walk-through at the dealership.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
davidjsimons

Welcome to the forum and congratulations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
RockyMtnHi2

Welcome, FlyingBelle! You're going to love the travel trailer lifestyle. Your daughter is going to think it's a big "play house".
When we camped with our kids, used to give each one a small duffel to fill with toys, games, activities that were kept aside only for camping. Something fun to look forward to.
Lots of tips for new travel trailer owners on the site. If you're like the rest of us, you can't wait to get your new trailer and try it out! Enjoy
RockyMtnHi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
TAZ23

Congrats on the new camper. What a difference it will be moving from a pop up to a mobile palace, especially on those rainy days.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
FlyingBelle

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

We've been scouring the boards and finding lots of great info!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
kent

This is the only camper I have owned so I can't really compare it to anything else but we love our Bullet 298 BHS. The bunk area was what sold it for us. We have 3 kids so there are three beds always ready and we send two to eat at the JR dinette. They don't complain about their private table. We just got back from camping at Stone Mt. Georgia and everything went well!

2013 Bullet 298 BHS
2012 Ram Quad Cab 4x4 2500 6.7 Cummins
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #9
FlyingBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent View Post
This is the only camper I have owned so I can't really compare it to anything else but we love our Bullet 298 BHS. The bunk area was what sold it for us. We have 3 kids so there are three beds always ready and we send two to eat at the JR dinette. They don't complain about their private table. We just got back from camping at Stone Mt. Georgia and everything went well!
That's great to hear! We loved it for the bunk area as well. We originally had planned on buying a small cabin but after years of trying to find the right location (at the right price) we finally gave up and decided to buy the travel trailer so it would be our "cabin on wheels". That bunk room looks perfect for traveling with just us, or if we bring along grandma, she could have some private space in the back and we'll put the kids on one of the fold outs in the main area.

My only concern is the electric panel that is in the back - do the kids get into it?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBelle View Post
My only concern is the electric panel that is in the back - do the kids get into it?
My kids are 9 and up so they don't mess with it. I'm sure you could put some type of latch or lock on it.

2013 Bullet 298 BHS
2012 Ram Quad Cab 4x4 2500 6.7 Cummins
kent is offline   Reply With Quote