Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #1
JMaster

Drive Soundbar and picture quality

Hey everyone, was getting the new Sprinter ready for a two week Fourth of July trip today and wanted to take the tv down, add some cables, etc. Immediately I found that the audio cables from the tv to the soundbar we’re broken. No biggie. Plenty of extras and I added a fiber cable instead. Once I got it all back together I decided to actually try a DVD. Something I should’ve done in PDI but just overlooked.

The picture quality is so bad. It act like it had a ground loop issue so I put an ground loop isolator on it and it cleared up but was still so bad. For record, tv channels and Xbox (yes sorry I put my sons old 360 in it) work great and look great.

I even unmounted the soundbar to check all the connections AND made sure my antenna booster was off. Even went as far as to make sure my 12v disconnect was turned off. I was hooked up into power but only 15amp.

Here are some pics for clarification

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1373.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	17055

Name:	IMG_1374.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	17056

Name:	IMG_1378.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	17057
Old 06-20-2018, 06:51 PM   #2
JMaster

Update to this post just in case others have the same issues now or down the road. I bypassed the dealership all together and contacted the manufacture directly. Best customer service ever. Period. I send some pics, talked to a rep and within two days they shipped me a brand new soundbar.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:45 AM   #3
PSD Andy

Thanks for sharing this info.

Ours wouldn't play brand new, never used DVD for some reason and it randomly keeps turning the outside speakers back on, making us not so well liked by neighbor campers. I'll have to contact the manufacturer because its done this every trip.
PSD Andy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality