Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2024, 10:46 AM   #1
martybmw

In Command Error Message

Was running my 5.5 Onan Generator on my 21 Alpine 3700 FL and it shut off and there is a message on my In Command of Underfequency fault and when I hit the dismiss it goes away for a few seconds and then come back on. I turned off lol power and rebooted the In Command but still there. What does it mean and how do Ifix it and does anyone have the phone # for In Command.
thanks
martybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 11:41 AM   #2
LHaven

My first guess is that inCommand is under the impression that your generator (which is off) is still responsible for supplying your power. Maybe a transfer switch issue? Do you have AC power to the rig at all? What did you mean to say instead of "lol power?"

ASA electronics is at (800) 688-3135.
Old 01-31-2024, 02:54 PM   #3
martybmw

Fortunately got it resolved called In Command and they looked it up and said it was a generator issue. Nice guy and he had access to the Onan manual and my Under frequency fault was a governor speed issue. When my generator ran out of propane the idle sped must have been to low before it shut off. Had to reboot the In Command System 3 times for the error message to go away. So I am a happy camper.
martybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:20 PM   #4
GlasNav

Recommend installing an inline hardwired surge protector with under current cut off protection. If your transfer switch doesn't automatically cut off with low voltage there is a very strong possibility of frying your 120V AC components due to low voltage, yes it works both ways, too much cooks things, so does too little voltage and low cycles.
There are many on the market, I installed a Hughes with EPO feature Emergency Power Off when any of the line or generator feed voltage is corrupt.
Depending on how your generator is wired, you might require a Neutral to Ground adapter which is simply a plug with the neutral and ground jumped, otherwise the units will see the open ground as an error and not permit voltage from the generator to pass.

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote