Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2023, 08:36 AM   #1
Bleeper

Roof

I have a Keystone Hideout 272bh. It doesn’t have a ladder for roof access. I bought a cover for it but was wondering if I can walk on the roof and would it hold me?
Bleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 09:32 AM   #2
Max23

Not sure of the year because you didn't tell us however, the specs for that model do not show the roof to be "walkable" and not having a ladder doesn't mean yes or no but leans towards the no. I would not be walking up there. If you want to cover it, use step ladders from both sides and work it back that way. To work on a non walkable roof generally speaking you lay and spread your weight out. Not sure how you would do that to pull a cover.
Max23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 04:44 AM   #3
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

Somebody told me no ladder you shouldn't walk on roof...probably the same guy that showed me everything at the pdi He also told me you can walk on the roof but try and step on the roof joists I've been up there numerous times with two strips of 1/2" plywood 20"x8' to spread my weight and crawl on I'd think if you're a lite guy with a strip of plywood you could go up there
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 05:52 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Each year, materials in every trailer line change, without knowing what year your Hideout is, it's impossible to determine what the roof decking may consist of in YOUR trailer. Since Covid supply problems, any guess about "if you have a ladder the roof is walkable, if you don't it's not walkable" is purely speculation. Many, MANY Keystone trailers with walkable roofs left the factory without ladders because there simply were no ladders to install on them....

More specifics on YOUR trailer would help identify what you have under your TPO membrane.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof