Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2018, 05:04 AM   #21
haulinit

We have been wondering these same things! We were finally able to take our first trip in our new 371 last weekend. I have wondered where the washer drains to. I ran a bunch of water into the half bath sink while watching the tank monitor. The grey tank didn’t seem to change. When I emptied tanks, as I took the cap off, all that sink water ran out. I completely missed the calve for the back black tank as it still shows on the monitor.

It’s very poor documentation on Keystone’s part to not include any info about these areas. I sent them an email. Let’s see what they say.
haulinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:58 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulinit View Post

It’s very poor documentation on Keystone’s part to not include any info about these areas. I sent them an email. Let’s see what they say.
The Keystone owner's manual is written for every trailer they produce. That means it covers trailers with one axle, one black tank and no rooftop air conditioner all the way up to trailers with three axles, two black and two gray tanks, three rooftop air conditoners and a "bike rack on the back".

There's no way to produce a single manual that would contain "exact instructions" for every model trailer. Such a manual would be so big it wouldn't fit through the trailer door.

Keystone, like all other manufacturers, relies on the dealer to go over the "model specific" components and systems with the new owner "during the trailer orientation" (commonly called "the PDI"). If your dealer didn't go over those things with you, your letter would probably do more good if you also sent it to the dealership owner. THE DEALER (not Keystone) is "the customer's link to information".......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:39 PM   #23
haulinit

I am so glad to see this thread! We took our 371 out for it's first trip last weekend. When I emptied the tanks, the second tank didn't empty. I looked for the valve but didn't see it. I had ran a bunch of water in the sink in the half bath. When I took the cap off, that water came running out. I would also really like to know where the washer drains. I was watching the tank monitors to see if a second gray tank showed any water and it didn't.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:49 PM   #24
haulinit

I realize that, but it would be nice if they could a spec sheet specific to each rig.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:22 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulinit View Post
I realize that, but it would be nice if they could a spec sheet specific to each rig.
There is a spec sheet specific to each rig. It's called the "build sheet" and lists every component by model/serial number. Typically it's yellow and should either be in the owner's packet or the dealer should have put it in your financial information/contract folder.

It'll look like this:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPRINGDALE BUILD SHEET.pdf (112.6 KB, 133 views)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #26
mikz86ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolftx View Post
Our 2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 has 2 black tanks & 2 gray tanks. 1st black tank handles master bath toilet, 44 gals, 2nd black tank takes garage toilet & sink, as well as washer/dryer drain. All 3 into another 44 gal tank. The 1st grey tank takes Master shower & sink, 44 gals and the 2nd grey takes kitchen sink only, another 44 gals. Each tank has its own sewer line drain pull. Ours was labeled on driver side of rig showing each pull location.
I was told by the keystone CS Techs the black tank flush system only works on the master bath black tank. In using it the rear black tank doesn’t fill up when I use it so it seems to be true.
Mine fills both. I drain all tanks 100%. Then I do the flush system. I pull front black and get alot of water out with waste. And then separately do the rear black tank and get more waste water out. I usually do 3-4 fill and flush/drains each time I do the flushing. Each time both tanks fill up.
2016 Fuzion 420 Chrome
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #27
haulinit

Here is the reply I received from Keystone about the half bath and where the sink and washer drain, and also where the valve is located: The valve for the half bath is located on the off door side towards the back of the unit. The washer and sink drain into the black holding tank for the half bath.

Now on to getting ready for our big trip at the end of the month!
Old 06-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #28
Badbart56

Just joining this conversation I see that I wasn't the only one to find that the rear bath and kitchen sink are on the same dump valve. As an added bonus on my FZ 405 I learned quite by accident that the front two dump valves (Black, Grey) are actually mis-identified and are truly Grey, Black. I wonder how many others have discovered this.
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #29
haulinit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbart56 View Post
Just joining this conversation I see that I wasn't the only one to find that the rear bath and kitchen sink are on the same dump valve. As an added bonus on my FZ 405 I learned quite by accident that the front two dump valves (Black, Grey) are actually mis-identified and are truly Grey, Black. I wonder how many others have discovered this.
I've actually been experimenting. The half bath sink doesn't run into a tank at all. I found this out the wet way. When removing the cap to hook up the sewer hose, a bunch of water ran out. Thankfully I knew it was the sink. I ran the washer last night and watched the second black tank monitor. The washer drains into the black tank for the half bath toilet. I wish that the sink would drain into the kitchen gray tank.