Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #21
john I

ya

I agree... move on
Old 03-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #22
gbsb

I know a lot of people have a lot of problems with their new RV's. It should not be that way and should not be expected but it is. We purchaced a new 2010 Fuzion 383 Touring Edition 11, in June of 2011. It being a left over 2010 model and a not very popular model because of the lack of garage space and the lack of bedroom space, we got a good deal. The negetive issues listed above making it unpopular made it perfect for us as we are retired and fulltime and need more living space and only carry one Trike with us. We have been in it for over a year now and have had a couple of issues that have been taken care of by our dealer Southern RV Tyler Texas. Nothing serious we are very pleased with our home and enjoy it very much. Sorry to here of the problems some have this is our third Keystone product ,a 2003 3670 Montana, a 2009 Montana 3400RL, and now the Fuzion 383. No problems with any of them are we lucky or what. George
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #23
FLsprinter

Tanks labeled wrong here also. It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Over extending your front legs will do this also after a pack of fuses later. Mine was a 2011 used someone didn't like so i was told. For the price i couldn't refuse to buy it. The rig still looked brand new.I LOVE MY KEYSTONE COPPER CANYON !!
FLsprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #24
charger

Question Mistake?

Hello fellow Keystone owners. I am new to Keystone and I fell upon this post about the troubles you are having with your unit. We have bought the exact same unit but haven't brought it home from the dealer yet. I was wondering if these are common problems with this model, or is this just a bad day at the factory. Any input to this would sure help me as I'm beginning to be worried we may have made a mistake.
charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #25
Festus2
Site Team

Keystone is one of a number of manufacturers that mass-produce RV's. They are, including Keystone, not without problems. You will read about them on every forum you visit - this one is no exception. Those that do have major problems are often the most vocal and some use forums as a soapbox to tell and repeat their tales of woe.

Nearly all of us have had issues with our units. A small minority have had major problems while most of us have had minor ones - most of which we have dealt with ourselves whenever we can. Some problems will require the services of someone with specialized skills but if you are a bit handy, most can be fixed yourself.

A lot of members here have been helped by fellow members to solve a problem that they can't seem to solve on their own. That is one of the great benefits of this group... people feel comfortable with asking for help and everyone is willing to "lend a hand".

For what it is worth, we did a survey which asked "Would you buy another Keystone product?" and just over 90% of our members said "YES". That should tell you something.

I am not sure if the Copper Canyon is any more susceptible to problems than any other Keystone product or some other brand. The thread that you read happened to mention this model more than once but other models were also referred to.

Personally, I have been very happy with our Cougar which we have had since '08 and wouldn't hesitate to buy another Keystone product. I would not worry that you have made a mistake. You can't expect perfection in something that is mass produced.

Before you take it off the dealership, just make sure that you do a very thorough pre-delivery inspection. Take your time and go through it making sure that everything is in working order, that you know where everything is located and that anything that needs repair or replacing is done to your satisfaction. I hope that you have done this already but if you haven't, I would highly recommend that you do.

You can download such a list by going to the Keystone Question section. There is a sticky there with a link to the checklist. You will find this helpful.

Finally, relax and enjoy your new purchase!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #26
durhamcutter

Sorry to hear that you are having problems and it sounds like you are having dealer problems, we are on our 4th copper canyon and would buy another . Sounds like the dealer didn't do his job. Good Luck
durhamcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #27
charger

Thumbs up Thanks

Thank you for the quick and positive response for my issue, it is a bit unnerving when you buy a new model and then you see horror stories like this. This model design was everything we need and want in a 5th wheel, and we are very excited to get to use it. I realize that like you said when you mass produce a product you will have the odd flaw,and there are the infamous units that were built on a Friday or Monday, hopefully not ours! The predelivery audit is a very good idea and you can be certain that I will be going through it with a fine tooth comb. Thank you again for the help and piece of mind.
charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #28
ghig1967

Hard to believe, but we just purchased a 2013 292FWBHS & I also had the fuse blow for the landing gear & the black & grey tanks are also labeled wrong... How can a company this big have an issue like labeling the tanks wrong go on for YEARS ???
ghig1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #29
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller8179 View Post
We thought we had bought a good RV but now we're in the process of filing a lemon law suit in our state.

We bought a 292 FWBHS and have run into several problems:

1) Air conditioner not mounted correctly and leaking into the unit
2) All sewer valves leaking (resulting in many messy situations)
3) Leaky fitting under the sinks. The dealer says the lines were missing various fittings and seals!
4) Major issue with the front jacks. They constantly blow fuses and the manually crank wont work on them.
5) Screwy blinds that won't close correctly.
6) Incorrectly labeled holding tanks
7) Faulty tank gauge

Etc.....

Our unit has spent more time in the shop than it has with us. We're actually regretting buying our first RV!

With all of these issues, we're wondering what issues exist in the walls, or the ceiling, or in the other areas that we do not see. It disgusts me to think about it!!!

Anyone else have problems with this unit?
Really lemon law!

I don't see anything really major in the list. Now if the dealer has failed to repair in multiple trips, then maybe lemon law.

As stated before did you do a PDI and walk through with the dealer before delivery? I spent over two hours on a PDI with my used rig.

The biggest issue on your list is the front jacks, that sounds like either a wiring issue, or bag motor. The hand crank will take forever as it gives a very low gearing as you are raising a good size load. That should have been fixed in a single visit, along with the AC unit.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:34 AM   #30
spicercars

WOW so I am not the only Copper Canyon owner with the tanks marked wrong? We bought ours new the fall of 2010 and we love it. Very minor problems. The landing gear did fail about two weeks ago and I just ordered a replacement set from another company because the lippert ones are not good. Otherwise I would buy on again. Good luck.