Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
Neverness

Electrical Converter fuse panel red light issue

Not a major issue, but it's got me scratching my head. My trailer is a 2016 Keystone Hideout.

Fuse was blown for the Jensen radio. No red led came on next to the fuse in the stock power converter panel. Pulled the fuse from the awning to swap out for the radio fuse. No red led light there either. Replaced the fuse, and now everything is working as it should be.

Sticker on the panel door says that when a fuse is blown, "...Red LED indicates bad fuse or circuit." The salesman that sold me the trailer even pointed it out as a feature. Am i looking I the wrong spot for these mysterious red lights?

Edit: it's a WFCO Power Converter with Distribution Panel
Model WF-8955PEC

Edit 2: pulled the fuse for the slide out light. Red LED came on. After closer inspection, the LED for the radio fuse is missing, and the LED for the awning fuse doesn't work. Gotta love the build quality on this stuff.
Neverness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
bobbecky

When there is an LED next to a fuse, I believe a connection of the circuit must be closed for the LED to light. Possibly with your awning and a blown or missing fuse, the switch would need to be operated for the light to come on.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
Neverness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
When there is an LED next to a fuse, I believe a connection of the circuit must be closed for the LED to light. Possibly with your awning and a blown or missing fuse, the switch would need to be operated for the light to come on.
See my edit above. One light is missing and one doesn't work. Other LEDs in the fuse panel work just fine.
Edit: I see what you mean now...tried the switch with the fuse out...light came on. Good looking out!
Neverness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:23 AM   #4
xrated

Bobbecky nailed it. In order for the red LED to work, there has to be a complete circuit....and if the switch was open, the circuit would have been open. Glad you guys figured it out quickly. Lots of sharp folks on this forum...and more important....so willing to help others.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, electrical, fuse, light